No announcement yet.

Has Bradley's punch resistance gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Bradley's punch resistance gone?

Vargas has one stoppage in his last 16 fights and that was against a non durable career super featherweight in Walter Estrada who has been stopped by everyone and their gran.

Yet he hit Tim Bradley and made him do the moonwalk. Like he was gone, out of it.

We've all seen Vargas land continually flush on others in exchanges with zero effect.

Is it fair to say that the Provodnikov massacre and fights with Pac have severely taken their tole on Tim and his punch resistance is going/has gone?

Even in the Chaves fight for example, he ate a lot of leather, he is not this slickster he is made out to be. He does get hit with regularity.

What's interesting about Bradley is that he's been hurt bad by guys like Ruslan, Holt, and Vargas. However, the two best guys he's faced, Marquez and Pacquiao, who happen to be big punchers and future hall of famers couldn't drop him or put him on queer street like the others.

Also, I don't think anybody considers Bradley a slickster.

Comment

It was a beautiful right hand with Tim moving on to it upping its power and it was in the last round after a cracking pace , Tims chin is as solid as its always been , relatively light punchers can hurt most people when all things align and it lands on the button .

Comment

Tim has always had a shaky chin, he is just a tough MF that refuses to go down.

Example: The Holt fight.

Also it's not like he respected Vargas' punching power, so he was reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          What's interesting about Bradley is that he's been hurt bad by guys like Ruslan, Holt, and Vargas. However, the two best guys he's faced, Marquez and Pacquiao, who happen to be big punchers and future hall of famers couldn't drop him or put him on queer street like the others.
          Maybe he trained harder well not even maybe I'm positive he did. Maybe he feels like he needs those kinda challenges to bring out the best in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            It was a beautiful right hand with Tim moving on to it upping its power and it was in the last round after a cracking pace , Tims chin is as solid as its always been , relatively light punchers can hurt most people when all things align and it lands on the button .
            This. And an example of this would be Paulie vs cotto lol

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Also, I don't think anybody considers Bradley a slickster.
              Good point. I don't know quite what to think.

On the one hand I remarked after the fight it's like the left side of his head gets pretty swole up every fight now and maybe makes me think ts' point is closer to the mark.

Then on the other hand, when facing high % KO-HoF type opposition, he manages to not get hit much and makes me wonder if he can fight up to the level (or very close) of his opposition and if he gets in the ring with a Matthysse (for example), we'd see a different guy.

Nice thread.

Jury is still out for me, but I'm a fan of Bradley's so...

Comment

Mate it was a huge punch

Would have made anyone in the division do a dance or go down

But as far as his punch resistance, yea it's declining

Comment

I think it was only above average to begin with. It was very impressive that he survived against provodnikov, but at the same time, he did just that survive. He didn't really take provodnikov's big punches that well, he just recovered enough to stand (sometimes knocked out while standing).

Provodnikov took a lot out of bradley that night, notwithstanding his fight against JMM where he looked decent.

Comment

Maybe. But he did walk into about the biggest shot Vargas can probably deliver. You walk into everything even a mediocre puncher has and get hurt, it's not that big a surprise probably. If it was a big steady decline though you'd think Chaves who has good power and one of the bombs he landed on Bradley would put him on queer street and he did hit Tim with some big shots even though he should've lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X