Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
    i agree completly...

except for marquez pac....

also the judges arent listnening to the HBO cmomentators....

but they can be influenced by the crowd...

and the Comenttators can trick theviewing public into thinking that the fight is going another way.
    It used to be Mexicans would be given decisions in close fights or even fights they clearly lost like DLH/Whitaker, DLH/Quartey(both coulda easily been losses for Oscar) and Chavez/Whitaker(an obvious loss for Chavez) among others. It was about $$$. It seems H.B.O. figured out they could make the same money when Mexicans are robbed or are not given close decisions because of the Mexican fans' love of boxing and loyalty to their boxers.

Comment

Well I stream most boxing PPV's which means I usually get a foreign broadcast team from France or something

Comment

So true. And the irony of him not allowing his top rated heavyweight to fight Wladimir is hilarious. I suspect that Teddy just couldn't live with losing to him. Screwed his fighters out of a million dollar plus payday, but hey...
        Last edited by JAB5239; 07-27-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I do wonder why Atlas cant stand the Klitschko brothers so much. Hes just obsessed. Its really unprofessional, and makes me face palm all the time.

I dont get what the deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
            I do wonder why Atlas cant stand the Klitschko brothers so much. Hes just obsessed. Its really unprofessional, and makes me face palm all the time.

Teddy has become unprofessional in other ways too, like when he took an internet rumor about Pacquiao and reported it as fact. Or when he was incredibly rude to Hopkins (the ESPN studio guest) after his historical win over Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Teddy has become unprofessional in other ways too, like when he took an internet rumor about Pacquiao and reported it as fact. Or when he was incredibly rude to Hopkins (the ESPN studio guest) after his historical win over Pascal.
              hes a bit of a nutjob in general.

Comment

Chavez-Taylor for sure.

The HBO crew would have you believe Taylor was easily winning the fight when in fact he was losing, especially with the knockdown in the 12th. Steele's call, whether right or wrong, prevented (what would would have been) a bad decision on the score cards and secured a win for the rightful winner, Julio Cesar Chavez.

Comment

hes a bit of a nutjob in general.
                  Too Many punches in the head could do it. Ever Noticed Teddy slurring a bit sometimes.

Comment

The Barrera-Marquez fight was pretty bad...

Comment

alexander povetkin has virtually no chance of beating them and he knows it

trashing them when given an opportunity (airtime on ESPN,) is good for business

that way the blatant duck goes unnoticed (povetkin has dropped out of essentially done deals in klitschko fights many times)

Comment

Working...
                      X