Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighter today has accomplished the least with the most fanfare on NSB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way GGG has done less than Wilder, but I guess GGG does get a lot more fanfare as well.

A lot of GGG's hype is from the "eye test" which IMO he passes with flying colours. I know triangle theories can be silly, but you just can't help but notice he does stuff to guys that hasn't been done before and he doesn't seem to have just one dimension.

I can't see him on the list and I can at the same time. He's done enough to be considered a respectable titleholder with great potential.....but this talk about all time great at MW before 1 career defining fight is ridiculous to.

Comment

GGG
      Canelo
      Thurman

To list Broner is a bit laughable considering how much hate he gets on this forum. I guess some people are not looking at "Fanfare On NSB"

Postol as of late as well on this forum, why are some trying to paint this guy as the new Boogyman at 140? For stopping Aydin?

All these guys have talent and it doesn't mean that they're not good but the hype is a bit over the type for guys who either needed controversy for some of their Big Wins (CANELO) or guys that Knock Out Average Fighters

You could probably put Kovalev in their as well but Kovalev when he stepped up against Campillo and Cleverly he DESTROYED THEM so I wouldn't put him in that mix he just have some dumb ass fans. But basically any Non American that scores a decent win will instantly get a lot of HYPE especially if they defeat an American Fighter They can beat a old washed up American and a handful of Idiots on this forum will turn that into a huge win and start a thread about how American Boxing Is Dead
      Last edited by sicko; 10-15-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        GGG
        Canelo
        Thurman

To list Broner is a bit laughable considering how much hate he gets on this forum. I guess some people are not looking at "Fanfare On NSB"

Postol as of late as well on this forum, why are some trying to paint this guy as the new Boogyman at 140? For stopping Aydin?

All these guys have talent and it doesn't mean that they're not good but the hype is a bit over the type for guys who either needed controversy for some of their Big Wins (CANELO) or guys that Knock Out Average Fighters

You could probably put Kovalev in their as well but Kovalev when he stepped up against Campillo and Cleverly he DESTROYED THEM so I wouldn't put him in that mix he just have some dumb ass fans. But basically any Non American that scores a decent win will instantly get a lot of HYPE especially if they defeat an American Fighter They can beat a old washed up American and a handful of Idiots on this forum will turn that into a huge win and start a thread about how American Boxing Is Dead
        As far as including GGG but not Kovalev....how are Campillo and Cleverly any different from Geale and Gennady's last few opponents?

I don't see a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz82 View Post
          As far as including GGG but not Kovalev....how are Campillo and Cleverly any different from Geale and Gennady's last few opponents?

I don't see a big difference
          Campillo is a dangerous fighter as Thomas Williams recently found out, Campillo just not consistent but Campillo has boxing skills and can out-box most even now. Cleverly, well Cleverly was more of a HYPE JOB himself and was living off of the Bellew win so I won't even try to defend him because he never impressed me.

But like I posted yeah YOU COULD Put Kovalev in that Mix based on how some people talk about him on this forum and make him out to be INVINCIBLE like they do GGG

Comment

Working...
          X