Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you teach yourself to have respect for money?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    The best way is to go live on the streets! See how it is to be hungry and not have the materialistic bullslit you waste your money on. Try wondering where you will sleep eat or even take a shower. Go through this for about a month and im sure you will value your money a lot more!
    Been there when i was 20 the worst feeling on earth soul shattering really.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Been there when i was 20 the worst feeling on earth soul shattering really.

you lived on the streets, mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        This is my new years resolution.

I am literally ridiculous with money, any money i get i spend very quickly.

I get paid monthly and it will be gone in a week on garbage.

you must still live with your parents.

go live on your own and if you're not rich, you will know fast enough the value of money.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          Getting paid monthly must suck. You should try and split it up in 4 or whatever your personal financial situation will allow. Once you get paid take only what you need for bills or whatever for the first week. Either deposit the rest in the bank or if you can't trust yourself with that, have someone trustworthy hold it for you until the next week.

On top of the 6% for 401k matched by my company, I make it a point to put $50 a week in savings regardless of what my financial situation for that week might be. I've had my phone shut off before when I could have just not saved for that week and paid the bill.

Just like everything in life it takes discipline.
          Where do you put your $50 a week savings?

I don't know how old you are but if put that in a financial institution that gives say 1% weekly interest rate then you'd have like $11 734 282.53 in 15 years.

On the other hand if you're keeping it in some vault then it'd be $39 000 in 15 years.

The problem is where to find some lunatics who give 1% weekly interest rate.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            you must still live with your parents.

go live on your own and if you're not rich, you will know fast enough the value of money.
            I live with my two brothers in our own house (rented).

Like i said i live like i think i'm a millionaire for a week or two and then have no money till the next month.

I actually think i am addicted to spending money.

Comment

Like i said i live like i think i'm a millionaire for a week or two and then have no money till the next month.

did you grow up broke?

Comment

so in other words,

you live with your parents. Your brothers playing the role of your parents.

If you actually lived on your own and had to take care of your own bills and didnt have the safety net of your brothers or parents if things go bad financially, i reckon you will cure your spending addiction real quick.

Only rich guys and females have "spending" addictions.

Comment

your addiction is scary.. read some books about financial literacy, it would open your mind on how wrong you are doing it..

Comment

Treat a portion of ur money as a bill. For example act like $200 of ur paycheck is a credit card bill and put them in ur saving accounts. Make this a habit every time you get paid and by the end of the yr, you'll have saved up lots of money

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                      did you grow up broke?
                      I wouldn't say broke but we didn't have a lot of money.

Damn feel like i have visited a psychologist in here.

I think i will search for a book because i have tried planning myself a budget in the past which literally didn't last a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X