Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather vs Cotto Change Your Opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
    Lets just say 154lbs cotto smashes 145lbs cotto
    and a hw Roy smashes a mw Roy.
    a 151 lb mayweather smashes 130 mayweather.
    147 pac smashes 106 pac
    YOUR POINT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamb45 View Post
      and a hw Roy smashes a mw Roy.
      a 151 lb mayweather smashes 130 mayweather.
      147 pac smashes 106 pac
      YOUR POINT?
      The point is 1 division not 5 , your point is ?

Comment

• still UD for PBF..

so bad PBF cares for his health and family.. unlike his fans who's so confident of him beating pac..

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          The point is 1 division not 5 , your point is ?

Pacquaio smashed a good cotto in a war he controlled Most of the fight brutally

Mayweather beat cotto decisively in a match he outboxed him in but had some trouble

Pacquiao had 3 matches were many say he has trouble with Marquez counterfighting style. (personally had Pac winning the 1st fight by 2 points, 2nd by 1, number 3 was a draw if Marquez would of the won the 11th or 12th he would have won)

Mayweather outboxed Marquez with only a couple scratches

Mayweather knocked out ricky hatton in a fight he was doing defense and picking the shots

Pacquaio knocked him out where he was offensive and caught him on the chin doing so

Pacquiao made De La Hoya quit when on his stool from doing an offensive fight plan (dont say Pac made DLH go to 147 if u say that i will ignore you.)

Mayweather controlled Most of the fight had a little trouble from the jab but counterpunched effectively throughout.

Mayweather outboxed Mosley from the 3rd to the bell

Pacquiao made Mosley run

So to me the fight just depends if Mayweathers defense can take Pacquiaos offense. I mean you could say Marquez is an example of what can happen to Pac but the fact is Pac still caught Marquez a number of times on the chin and can Mayweather take it because his chin will get touched. Mayweather does have trouble with Southpaws (corely, zab in the 1st half) and Pac is on another level. on the other hand Pac hasnt fought a Mayweather because Mayweather has great movement to avoid punches and slip and be slick but will all that work against a southpaw? so its a 50/50 to me and your opinion is your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            JMM put Pac down Floyd can stop him its the ones you dont see that get you .
            Your arguments already reek of invalidity but this kinda just confirms you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Comment

• Nobody should ever all for the triangle theory!!

Comment

• Nope, I still think that Floyd beats Pac. Pac makes to many mistakes in the ring and Floyd would counter him all day. Styles make fights. And Floyd is physically bigger than Pac.

Comment

• still close, IMO... although im leaning towards a floyd decision.

• floyd looked "vulnerable" in his last 2 fights... but still won convincingly. a more "fan friendly" floyd with no legs is STILL unbeaten. his ring IQ and technique is a great crutch for his deteriorating footwork and speed.

• pac looked "vulnerable" against jmm.... and almost lost. letting margs & shane off the hook didnt help either. the "invincible" pac is long gone.

if pac somehow regains his previous form (ex: oscar & cotto), then i think floyd will have a long night.... but if the current pac (hesitant, frustrated, leg cramp) shows up for floyd, i see floyd taking another UD.

when the fight was in talks years ago, i thought it would be a 50/50 toss up (leaning to pac)... now, after each having numerous fights, i have to give the edge to floyd based on consistency... pac having "leg cramps" and "bad nights" are not acceptable.

Comment

• Not at all, if anything it showed me that it's gonna be as competitive as I predict it will be. I still pick Floyd to win it because of his superior boxing ability, but with Pac's speed, power, southpaw stance, punch volume, and overall athletic ability, it's gonna be a war. Of course, Pacquiao isn't the pressure fighter, body puncher, and bully that Floyd is. But Floyd's not as fluid of an offensive fighter as JMM either. Still an interesting match up that needs to happen soon, because I feel both guys are already past their physical prime... Hence why their recent fights have gone the way they have.

Comment

• Nope, I firmly believe that Mayweather/Pacquiao would not go the distance, in May's favor. Pacquaio is too reckless and Mayweather will just pick him apart.

Cotto would always present stylistic challenges, mainly because he has good fundamentals, normally isn't reckless, and takes his time. Plus he brought a viscous body assault.

Mayweather/Cotto would always end up a dog fight

Mayweather/Pacquiao would always end up a whitewash

Comment

Working...
                      X