Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldies Music Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is almost 40 years old. Older then me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        How could I forget that version of Try A Little Tenderness? I only knew the song from Bounty bar adverts and never realised it rocked out at the end... blew me away when I first heard it. (The studio version's disappointing in comparison, isn't it?)

Thinking of it, I've got a couple of live albums on my computer and he NEVER lets the listener down.

What a fantastic decade for music though, wall-to-wall class. Imagine just a ten year stretch with Hendrix alone, let alone the likes of Otis, Sly Stone, Velvet Underground, etc. Easily my favourite decade for music, bar none.

Oh, did you know one of those guys that sang with Otis btw, Eric Burdon?:

Note that he's not a looker. Another great thing about the sixties... you get all these bands fronted by guys with faces like a smashed-in pitbull's asshole. They did it on talent back then.
        The 60's did have great music. They were more colorful with their performances. No pun intended. Haha. And I didn't know he sung with him. As for the lookers? Yeah, you could look like shyt but nowadays there's music videos and all that crap so if your mug is ugly..good luck.

Comment

Don't know if this been done but if it's an oldies thread we gotta have some Sam Cooke.

Comment

Working...
          X