No announcement yet.

JWW breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWW breakdown

I'm looking at all of the ABC organizations, and these are the top 140lb fighters that are in multiple rankings:

Mike Alvarado (IBF, WBA, WBO)
    Kendall Holt (IBF, WBC, WBO)
    Zab Judah (IBF, WBA)
    Lucas Matthysse (IBF, WBA, WBC, WBO)
    Humberto Soto (WBA, WBC, WBO)

This is one of, if not my absolute favorite division cuz it's in the middle of LW and WW, so there's a lot of action to be had here. Rios moving up to 140 is gonna take it the madness to the next level imho. Coupled with Khan/Peterson finishing their business, and Maidana making the decision to come back down, and I can't wait to see what 2012 brings for JWW.

They already said Holt is moving up to 147 and could possibly fight Thomas Dulorme in the 2nd half of the year. The winner of Khan-Peterson II will more than likely vacate the WBA/IBF titles and move up to 147, so those titles will be vacant. And so will the WBO if Bradley makes a full time move to 147 lbs. So, Garcia would be the only one with a title if that happens.

Alvarado-Herrera on April 14th
    Soto-Matthysse on June 23rd

I'd like to see Danny Garcia come back quick in June/July and fight someone like Roberto Ortiz or Ajose Olusegun, 2 highly ranked contenders by the WBC. Than, if he were win that fight, come back in November/December and fight the Soto-Matthysse winner.

On the flip side, I'd like to see Joan Guzman fight maybe Nate Campbell, because Campbell just beat Victor Cayo's a$$, who was ranked high by the IBF. Have the Guzman-Campbell winner fight Zab Judah for the vacant IBF title in August/September, because it'll be vacated by either Khan or Peterson probably.

Then, that leaves the Alvarado-Herrera winner and Johan Perez.

I'd like to see the Alvarado-Herrera winner fight Johan Perez for the WBA title.

And then we could see Marquez, assumming he doesn't fight Pacquiao for a 4th time, fight Brandon Rios for the full WBO title, if Bradley makes a full move to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      They already said Holt is moving up to 147 and could possibly fight Thomas Dulorme in the 2nd half of the year. The winner of Khan-Peterson II will more than likely vacate the WBA/IBF titles and move up to 147, so those titles will be vacant. And so will the WBO if Bradley makes a full time move to 147 lbs. So, Garcia would be the only one with a title if that happens.

Alvarado-Herrera on April 14th
      Soto-Matthysse on June 23rd

I'd like to see Danny Garcia come back quick in June/July and fight someone like Roberto Ortiz or Ajose Olusegun, 2 highly ranked contenders by the WBC. Than, if he were win that fight, come back in November/December and fight the Soto-Matthysse winner.

On the flip side, I'd like to see Joan Guzman fight maybe Nate Campbell, because Campbell just beat Victor Cayo's a$$, who was ranked high by the IBF. Have the Guzman-Campbell winner fight Zab Judah for the vacant IBF title in August/September, because it'll be vacated by either Khan or Peterson probably.

Then, that leaves the Alvarado-Herrera winner and Johan Perez.

I'd like to see the Alvarado-Herrera winner fight Johan Perez for the WBA title.

And then we could see Marquez, assumming he doesn't fight Pacquiao for a 4th time, fight Brandon Rios for the full WBO title, if Bradley makes a full move to 147.
      This division is definitely gonna be wide open if Peterson/Khan/Bradley/Holt move up permanently. Maybe Matthysse will finally be able to win a ****in title now, maybe we'll finally get Maidana/Matthysse.

Comment

Working...
      X