Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think created the universe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this time I thought it was Steven Spielberg.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      It's not really accurate to speak of the formation of the universe in past tense; the universe is constantly changing, and "forming." I think that most scientists agree the universe is expanding, but some say it might be shrinking?

The big bang is just a theory, and there is evidence that can disprove it. It's a fairly sound theory, but honestly I don't think most people can understand the science behind it - short of linking articles, and googling information.

There's far too many unanswered questions, and unproven answers to really begin to postulate this concept. Even for the handful of scientists in the world who can actually completely grasp, and comprehend physics, and complex theories. . Much less posters here on boxingscene.

a universe immune to human scrutiny isn't a nice place for thinking beings to flourish...

a universe where everything is known is like watching an adam sandler movie over and over and over again...

isn't it nice we have a universe that is somehow open to scrutiny but at the same time remaining mysterious?

what a ****in coincidence eh?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        It's not really accurate to speak of the formation of the universe in past tense; the universe is constantly changing, and "forming." I think that most scientists agree the universe is expanding, but some say it might be shrinking?

The big bang is just a theory, and there is evidence that can disprove it. It's a fairly sound theory, but honestly I don't think most people can understand the science behind it - short of linking articles, and googling information.

There's far too many unanswered questions, and unproven answers to really begin to postulate this concept. Even for the handful of scientists in the world who can actually completely grasp, and comprehend physics, and complex theories. . Much less posters here on boxingscene.
        Like most scientific concepts and theories, we boxingscene maggots arent going to be very accurate when addressing them. But really, i couldnt accurately describe most basic things in scientific terms. Even scientists might disagree over little things.
        But that shouldnt mean we cant try and discuss it. I can probably talk about evolution in a more informed way these days thanks to some of the discusses ive had here over the years. Posters break stuff down, argue over it, post links etc. Little pieces of knowledge creep into my brain. So its all good.

And as for the universe expanding into something. Ive heard it put that maybe like the holes in swiss cheese, our universe is just an expanding hole.

Then there is the Big Bounce theory, or the Big Snap. Then all the stuff to do with black holes and the singularity and multi-universe. Mind boggling but fascinating.

Comment

Working...
        X