Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Alexander Still in Play For 12/7, Barclays On Hold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Alexander Still in Play For 12/7, Barclays On Hold

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is still working hard to finalize a welterweight title fight between IBF champion Devon Alexander and British star Amir Khan.

Schaefer recently traveled to Dubai to discuss the possibility of staging the fight over there.

Alexander is not jumping through hoops with the prospect of facing Khan in Dubai. However, money talks. If the right monetary offer is placed on the table, Alexander's management have indicated to Schaefer that Dubai or another other part of the world would be no problem.

The target date is December 7th. If Dubai falls through, there is heavy interest in the UK to stage Alexander-Khan. Additionally, Schaefer has placed Brooklyn's Barclays Center on hold.
    [Click Here To Read More]

But Devon's scared of Khan lmao. I don't want to hear nothing else about this fight until the deals done.

Comment

Barclays would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
        But Devon's scared of Khan lmao. I don't want to hear nothing else about this fight until the deals done.
        I think there has been a lot of posturing by Alexander's side. I have always fully expected the fight to get made eventually.

I believed the same about Garcia-Matthysse although Garcia's camp didn't try to negotiate through the media like "Team Alexander". Even Angel Garcia kept quiet whilst the negotiations were going on!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I think there has been a lot of posturing by Alexander's side. I have always fully expected the fight to get made eventually.

I believed the same about Garcia-Matthysse although Garcia's camp didn't try to negotiate through the media like "Team Alexander". Even Angel Garcia kept quiet whilst the negotiations were going on!
          That's because Garcia is managed by Haymon. Haymon fighters are well schooled and don't run their mouths during negotiations. You never even here a peep out of Floyd uring figt talks. Devon is managed by Cunningham who cant shut up when a microphone gets put in his face.

Comment

Everyone in the World knows about this fight yet Team Alexander doesn't LOL.

Comment

Don't think they could fill up Barclays--especially after Devon's last fight there...would have to be another attraction on the undercard.

Comment

That's because Garcia is managed by Haymon. Haymon fighters are well schooled and don't run their mouths during negotiations. Devon is managed by Cunningham who cant shut up when a microphone gets put in his face.
                Pretty sure Al Haymon looks after Devon too. Is Bummingham his manager? Thought he was just the trainer. When you talk more **** than Angel Garcia, there's something wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  Don't think they could fill up Barclays--especially after Devon's last fight there...would have to be another attraction on the undercard.
                  19000 is a lot to ask of any fighter. Especially not in ones home town.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Pretty sure Al Haymon looks after Devon too. Is Bummingham his manager? Thought he was just the trainer. When you talk more **** than Angel Garcia, there's something wrong with you.
                    I thought he was Haymons too but I swear I read in one of the articles here that Cunningham was his manager. I know he's more than his trainer.

Comment

Working...
                    X