Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder Golovkin or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev hits harder imo, PFP and overall.

Comment

Who still thinks Golovkin hits harder?

That bodyshot didn't even seem like it landed hard on Caparello and he's a big lump.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

That bodyshot didn't even seem like it landed hard on Caparello and he's a big lump.
        It's ridiculous, fighters struggle to last to the 4th with Kovalev. If he touches you, you go down. It's frightening, dangerous power.

Hopkins is a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

I still think Golovkin hits harder P4P.

It's no different from Golovkin fighting Adama I believe. He knocked him down in the first round, knocked him down with a jab and the list goes on. Let's not forget what he did to Geale while off balance.

Kovalev is also not as patient as Golovkin, I'm 100% confident if Golovkin went 100% from round 1 he'd KO most guys in 2 rounds.

Lastly, the smaller guy in my opinion gets the benefit of the doubt, because losing weight usually lessens power, so it's MUCH harder to imagine Kovalev hitting harder than GGG at 160 than GGG hitting harder than Kovalev at 175 (logically).

It's a fun discussion anyway, both are beasts.

Comment

I wish these guys were in the same division.

Comment

Are you kidding? Kovalev is huge compared to GGG. He hits harder. Cant believe this poll.

Comment

Golovkin has big fist and is built really solidly. He has that kind of heavy hard hitting power.

Kovalev has more speed and better angles on his punches. Also to note he is a power puncher because of his dementions and build, not because of his particular style.

I definitely think Kovalev is a better puncher with the speed and angles he gets on his punches. He hits you flush and you'd be hard pressed not to be out cold. With Golovkin I think he has more power. You usually see his punches coming and can at least brace yourself for them. But with the non-stop attack by Golovkin, most people aren't durable enough to take that kind of punishment. It's like this, I think it would be more likely that Kovalev would knock someone out cold and give them a concussion. Where is with Golovkin I think he would likely break your face before knocking you out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  Golovkin has big fist and is built really solidly. He has that kind of heavy hard hitting power.

Kovalev has more speed and better angles on his punches. Also to note he is a power puncher because of his dementions and build, not because of his particular style.

I definitely think Kovalev is a better puncher with the speed and angles he gets on his punches. He hits you flush and you'd be hard pressed not to be out cold. With Golovkin I think he has more power. You usually see his punches coming and can at least brace yourself for them. But with the non-stop attack by Golovkin, most people aren't durable enough to take that kind of punishment. It's like this, I think it would be more likely that Kovalev would knock someone out cold and give them a concussion. Where is with Golovkin I think he would likely break your face before knocking you out cold.
                  I might have put it slightly differently, but essentially this ^. Golovkin is more patient and methodical and takes fewer risks on the whole, whilst Kovalev is more prone to making creative attacks with his mobility and angles and actively seeking the KO (though to Hopkins fight showed he's also perfectly capable of a patient methodical plan, just as Golovkin is of going pure seek and destroy).

Regardless, in both cases power is not really the principal issue here, it's their ability to find or create openings that sets both apart. Lots of guys can hit hard.

Comment

I would say that Sergey hits much harder than Gennady. Sergey's right hand cross technique seems to be as close to perfect as you can come, because I cannot think of any other fighter who hits it better.

Sergey would probably put most heavyweight fighters to sleep with his right hand cross, in my opinion. The only thing missing in his right hand cross is speed, because there are other fighters who hits it faster.

Comment

No issues with these two...

For the most part the GGG and Krusher fans are the same people.
                      If you like what Kovalev brings to the table than you'll like watching Golovkin. The reverse is also true.

Two weight classes separate these two, hard to say unless it's p4p.... GGG and Kovalev both make weight easily in their divisions. Unless they both clean house and there is enormous demand (and $$$) for them to fight at most likely 168 (Is that Ward actually in the ring? Nope, it was just Elvis showing the Aliens his pet Bigfoot.) we'll never see them fight together.

Comment

Working...
                      X