Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Heavyweight Champ wishes Muhammad Ali happy birthday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool to see other figures wishing him well. Respect Big V!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
      A 40 yr old Vitali Klitschko showing mad respect to a 70 yr old Mohammed Ali. That's what i'm talking about. Most dominating fighter ever vs Boxing's Greatest personality ever!
      I'm not gonna get into the whole dominance thing, but you should refer to Ali as more than just "the greatest personality ever." He was much much more than that. He's the greatest HW champ ever and a world icon.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Much respect. That was a nice gesture.
        Yes it was... people on here act as if The Klitschko's are enemies to boxing. They're both respectful of all opponents.. let alone greats who preceded them. That's what greats do.. they acknowledge other greats.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          I'm not gonna get into the whole dominance thing, but you should refer to Ali as more than just "the greatest personality ever." He was much much more than that. He's the greatest HW champ ever and a world icon.
          Obviously i was being facetious but Ali is the GREATEST 50% because of his personality & 50% because of his actual fighting in the ring. Anyone who states otherwise is not keeping it real. That's the difference between him & Michael Jordan IMO. MJ achieved his best ever status strictly for his oncourt jesters.. the commercials & the sneakers helped but at the end of the day Michael Jordan was the most spectacular & best skilled basketball player that's ever been bar none. Ali's out of the boxing ring antics & beliefs.. along with his political stances in combination with his boxing greateness made it a knowbrainer. Mj did not have this personality.. although i do believe him & Ali are neck & neck in terms of the most famous athletes of alltime recognized all over the world.

Comment

Ali as a man is even better than he was as a boxer.

That's what made him an icon and living legend, you are absolutely right.

Comment

Working...
            X