No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather and the middle way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather and the middle way

Consider this thread a place that welcomes boxing fans with no strong feelings of either love or hate for Money Mayweather. Like the Buddha's middle path, advocating neither totally withdrawing from the world, not totally embracing the world....the middle way is useful in all things.

Fans who want to avoid being corraled into any extreme prejudices regarding Floyd are welcome here. Can we have an objhective conversation about Floyd's upcoming fight with Madianna? Feel free to question Floyd's ability, his behavoir, even his preperation (dem shakes haha) without being called a hater or a lover.

I will start by saying that I have not thought Floyd would lose a fight now for a long time. I do think the last Madianna fight could have gone either way, I even thought Madianna in a perfect unbaised world would have gotten the nod.

I actually think that for this fight Chino will be the better man at the end of the fight. Unfortunately I also do think, as talented as Floyd is, he is depending on the refs, judges and his reputation. CHino may well fight better and get robbed.

Floyd is a great fighter but his legs are showing up and like Jones his patena of invincability has less luster. As obnoxious as some Floyd Fans are, they are well behaved compared to the cult of Jones that was on these boards not soooo long ago! But then again we are witnessing a great fighter at the twilight of his career.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Consider this thread a place that welcomes boxing fans with no strong feelings of either love or hate for Money Mayweather. Like the Buddha's middle path, advocating neither totally withdrawing from the world, not totally embracing the world....the middle way is useful in all things.

Fans who want to avoid being corraled into any extreme prejudices regarding Floyd are welcome here. Can we have an objhective conversation about Floyd's upcoming fight with Madianna? Feel free to question Floyd's ability, his behavoir, even his preperation (dem shakes haha) without being called a hater or a lover.
    Bad way to start this kind of thread.

I will start by saying that I have not thought Floyd would lose a fight now for a long time. I do think the last Madianna fight could have gone either way, I even thought Madianna in a perfect unbaised world would have gotten the nod.
    more than 80% of the boxing media scored it for Mayweather and less than 10% scored it for Maidana. Maidana doesn't get the nod in ANY world.

I actually think that for this fight Chino will be the better man at the end of the fight. Unfortunately I also do think, as talented as Floyd is, he is depending on the refs, judges and his reputation. CHino may well fight better and get robbed.
    He depends on the refs and judges? Are you sure you're unbiased when it comes to Floyd? This is rubbish.

Floyd is a great fighter but his legs are showing up and like Jones his patena of invincability has less luster. As obnoxious as some Floyd Fans are, they are well behaved compared to the cult of Jones that was on these boards not soooo long ago! But then again we are witnessing a great fighter at the twilight of his career.
    He's been declining ever since he came out of retirement in 2009, but the decline between fights is so subtle it's barely noticeable. Unlike Jones, Floyd's style can be adapted to his declining legs. What most people don't realise is that most of Floyd's defense doesn't come from his legs, it comes from his waist movement and shoulder roll. He sits in the pocket, parries the jab, shoulder rolls the right hand and then bends his waste and ducks the left hook. That's his primary defensive move.

Comment

Working...
    X