No announcement yet.

Why did Lampley and Foreman fall out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    Lampley, Merchant and Foreman were the best trio ever and provided plenty of entertainment and laughs

-The referee is going to be the most important person in the ring tonight besides the fighters (During Roy Jones Jr vs John Ruiz)

-Generally when there's a lot of smoke... there's just a whole lot more smoke.

-He broke his legs. His legs are broken (During Lewis-Grant, Grant gets up seconds later and continues to fight)

Foreman: Look at De La Hoya's shoulders
    Lampley: What about them?
    Foreman: Look at them. They're massive.

Foreman: Antonio Tarver is just as fast as Roy Jones
    Lampley: Oh I don't know about that
    Foreman: Oh yes he is, with that uh straight left hand...(followed by awkward silence)

-Roy Jones is playing the feinting game and Griffin is benefiting by it (Seconds before Jones knocks him out)

-Oh you better look out for those rich guys. They eat Caviar but they sure are tough. I wouldn't mess with those rich guys. (During De La Hoya-Vargas)

-All he needs is one big punch (Every single HBO broadcast)

-Hopkins is tired now. His back just touched the ropes. (During Hopkins-Trinidad)

Foreman: You gotta admit, we're watching this great fight and it was Larry Merchant, who never stopped talking about the rematch, that's why the fight is happening
    Merchant: You think I brought in these 13, or 14 thousand people George?
    Foreman: Oh yes you did
    (While Barrera-Morales go toe to toe in the 12th round of their second fight)

-Go get me a sandwich and sit down (To Teddy Atlas)

Foreman: These guys are big for middleweights
    Merchant: They're light-heavyweights George
    Foreman: Light-heavyweights

-I have De La Hoya and his piston like jab winning hands down (While DLH is clearly losing to Mosley)

-He should punch him in the chest, saps all of your opponents energy away (Every HBO broadcast)

Lampley: Can you believe Jack Mosley is telling his son he is winning the fight
    Foreman: Oh yes he is
    (During the last round of Forrest-Mosley 1)

-Torres can take Cotto's best shot (second later Cotto knocks Torres down)

-Oh there it is! He's been looking for that punch all night (Camacho lands a soft left hand against De La Hoya in the 12th) Lampley says something like "come on George"

Lampley says something like Hopkins doesn't look to be tiring
    Foreman: Oh yes he is
    Lampley: What are the signs Hopkins is slowing down?
    Foreman: He went back to the corner and laid his legs out, Trinidad is still sitting in a upright position

-De La Hoya has a better jab than Quartey (While Quartey peppers De La Hoya with the jab)

-You never follow a puncher (Every single HBO broadcast)

-Jones can beat any of these heavyweights. I don't care if their 6 foot 12 (During Jones-Ruiz)

-Believe me, Lewis is hurt right now (Seconds later Lewis knocks down Ruddock)

-Shane better be careful he doesn't get intimidated by those trunks. Sometimes you see a guy with trunks like that and you go wow (During Mosley-Stone, Stone is wearing tiger print trunks)

-Barkley can still turn it around (After Barkley had lost 10 rounds to James Toney)

-Ledwaba is a master boxer, he should use it to his advantage and box (a few rounds later) Sometimes you cant rely on your boxing abilities and fight the guy (During Pacquiao-Ledwaba)

-All this backing up that Hopkins is doing saps his strength and you need all of your strength against a puncher like Trinidad (In the 10th round after Hopkins dominated the whole fight)

-Oscar's jab is much better, much sharper. Everyone talks about this great jab Quartey has, I don't see it (Even though Quartey is winning the early rounds of their fight)

Foreman: I don't like the way the sweat is rolling off Jones head
    Lampley: What don't you like about it? (Clearly confused)
    Foreman: It's just rolling off...pitifully
    (During Roy Jones vs Eric Lucas)
    Great post!

Though I may not agree with all of your editorial comments, I do agree that this trio remains my favorite and with Ray Torres as Spanish translator.

Even when George is full of ****, he's still funny as hell and during the brawl that followed Bowe/Golota 1, I'll bet Jim and Larry were both happy he was around.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      They were never really a good match on the screen imo, though Foreman would say some funny stuff every once a while.

I was looking through some old videos and heard a few things that made me wonder why they didn't like each other (seemingly) and if there was a specific incident that occurred.

Do you know what happened and why?
      Don't know how valid it is but this theory is interesting enough.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6#post12342946

Comment

Working...
      X