Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these guys wii go down as the greatest boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one of these guys wii go down as the greatest boxer?

Who will go down as the greatest boxer out of this group in your opinion?
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    46.43%
    Andre Ward
    7.14%
    Bernard Hopkins
    17.86%
    Manny Pacquiao
    28.57%

Depends. Hopkins career is pretty much done. Mayweather has 3-4 fights left at the most, so we'd have to see how he finishes. Same with Pac. And Andre Ward has a lot of career left.

Comment

all great fighters, i think andre ward can be greater, at the rate hes going taking on the best at his weight classes, but all should be known as great fighters cause they have done amazing stuff

Comment

The greatest boxer or just fighter in general?

The greatest boxer either Hopkins or Mayweather.

The greatest fighter in general I would say either Pacquaio or Mayweather.

Andre Ward has a bright future so who knows. He could go on to be a great.

Comment

If pac beats mayweather next, then closes the show with Jmm for by knock out win. and ko bradley again. and a farewell cotto II fight then he'll come close to being the greatest boxer.

If Floyd beats pacquiao, martinez, KOs khan. then finishes bradley/canelo then he'll come close to greatest of all time.

hopkins is done, and he's far from it..

ward, the story is yet to be written.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Depends. Hopkins career is pretty much done. Mayweather has 3-4 fights left at the most, so we'd have to see how he finishes. Same with Pac. And Andre Ward has a lot of career left.
            Right now, I think Mayweather and Pacquiao's legacies are pretty much cemented, unless they fight each other or Martinez I don't see either guy really enhancing their respective resumes much. I don't see them fighting each other or Martinez. If anything both may suffer late career loses. Right now I rank Floyd ahead of Manny. I think in the end this is how their careers rank:

1. Mayweather
            2. Ward
            3. Pacquiao
            4. Hopkins
            Last edited by $tate of Mind; 06-17-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              The greatest boxer or just fighter in general?

The greatest boxer either Hopkins or Mayweather.

The greatest fighter in general I would say either Pacquaio or Mayweather.

Andre Ward has a bright future so who knows. He could go on to be a great.
              Who will be seen as the greatest boxer/fighter in general?

Comment

the greatest BOXER would be mayweather at this moment, ward might surpass him but its unlikely even as great as he will become.

greatest overall fighter will be maywetaher or pacquiao depending on how their careers pan out, again ward might surpass them both but its hard to tell at this point. most ppl will probably rate pacquiao higher bcuz of his style and personality as oposed to mayweathers, i really think floyd is clearly greater if you objectively judge their ability. everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

hopkins legacy will always be badly underrated bcuz of the robberys he suffered at the hands of taylor and calzaghe. i would personally rank him #1 at the moment but few will agree bcuz of those bull**** decisions that went against him.

ward will become one of the greatest champions of all time. i think theres a good chance he surpasses all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  ^^^^^^^

This.

Comment

Manny P probably the greatest, thus far, if that's what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                    X