Comments Thread For: Mohammed Elomar Accused of Joining ISIS Militant Group

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Yes it is, a massive one. Take it from the former US ambassador to Iraq:
    LOL I see you're still buying into that fear mongering by the US government. Reminds me of the days of Cheney and Powell. Look up some statistics about terrorism in the west, it's not a major threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
      Please stop watching liberal and far left media outlets like CNN and BBC news... Your brainwashing may be irreversible.
      Just because Israel is covered with a neat political shroud of bias
      To justify it's brutilisation of another population makes you brainwashed.

You think this started with rockets?
      It was israel who was reported killin a family prior to hamas using any rockets out. Israel also pointed out the three teens captured and killed was not done by hamas at all but was coveniently missed out. Israel arrested 800+ people in a so called connection with the deaths but it was discovered that a significant amount of them were the ones that were released years ago for exchanging prisoners.

All this above has come out of the horses mouth itself and it's not hard to find this information. People talk about how hamas wants israel wiped of the map when Israel has already wiped Palestine off the map. While this recent operation has unfolded Palestine has just gotten smaller again. But it has conveniently gone un noticed in main stream media.

You know why they want to leave these important information out even when you talk about some lefties coming out, its simple. They want to invokemake your opinions theirs and keep its population in line. Nash Germany used the exact same method of indoctrination to make people behave a certain way without people realising it. Before you know it, people like you called the other side brain washed.

If youre going to call hamas, an organization that was evidently going to be created in response to israels slow and systematic decade of land grabbing, a terrorist group. The a sane person would sayIDF is a terrorist group part of a terrorist state. So its you who should be assessing who is really brain washed in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        LOL I see you're still buying into that fear mongering by the US government. Reminds me of the days of Cheney and Powell. Look up some statistics about terrorism in the west, it's not a major threat.
        He's not in the US Government and he doesn't appear to be any great fan of the Bush's administration.

Two amateurs in Boston marathon last year were able to kill and injure scores of innocents and cause the shutdown of a major city at huge cost. Just imagine what prepared and funded terrorists would be capable of...well you don't have to, the 7/7 London bombings, the Madrid train bombings and 9/11 are still fresh in the memory and I don't think incidents like those should really be quantified by numbers, it's much bigger than that.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 08-03-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

He's not in the US Government and he doesn't appear to be any great fan of the Bush administration.

Two amateurs in Boston marathon last year were able to kill and injure scores of innocents and cause the shutdown of a major city at huge cost. Just imagine what prepared and funded terrorists would be capable of...well you don't have to, the 7/7 London bombings, the Madrid train bombings and 9/11 are still fresh in the memory and I don't think incidents like those should really be quantified by numbers, it's much bigger than that.
          Former government official, still intellectually serving the empire.

If it shouldn't be quantified by number then how should it be quantified? The risk of death from a terrorist attack in the West is extremely low, even if you take all those events into account. So how is it a major threat if you're more likely to be struck by lightning or to drown in your bathtub?

Comment

The US needs to get back in there ASAP. Obama screwed up big time removing the troops and generals in a populist move before Iraq was ready to handle their own country.

If they're not quelled they're going to be a major threat to Western security.

The mistake was going into Iraq for "regime change" in the first place. They deposed a Sunni ruler (in a shi'ite majority country) who acted as a natural counterbalance and enemy to Iran's influence in the region, who are another shi'ite majority, but shi'ite ruled too. A huge tactical blunder on the part of the US foreign policy machine, and now they have this problem, as well as a growing problem with an increasingly influential Iran in the Mid East.

ISIS is the result of shortsighted American foreign policy foolishness on display once more. Just another in a long line of unintended consequences and blow back from the vile American policy elites who believe the USA has a divine right to hegemony.

As for these vile sub humans, ISIS and all their ilk, and those in the Muslim world who tacitly support them, and want a "religious war" you'd all do well to have a look at just how weak you all are. This tit for tat, proportionate response bull**** won't last forever. If you get your religious war, just remember the Russians and American's would be on the same side in that one, and you'd all get blown off the map.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              The mistake was going into Iraq for "regime change" in the first place. They deposed a Sunni ruler (in a shi'ite majority country) who acted as a natural counterbalance and enemy to Iran's influence in the region, who are another shi'ite majority, but shi'ite ruled too. A huge tactical blunder on the part of the US foreign policy machine, and now they have this problem, as well as a growing problem with an increasingly influential Iran in the Mid East.

ISIS is the result of shortsighted American foreign policy foolishness on display once more. Just another in a long line of unintended consequences and blow back from
              I agree with all of that.

the vile American policy elites who believe the USA has a divine right to hegemony.

As for these vile sub humans, ISIS and all their ilk, and those in the Muslim world who tacitly support them, and want a "religious war" you'd all do well to have a look at just how weak you all are. This tit for tat, proportionate response bull**** won't last forever. If you get your religious war, just remember the Russians and American's would be on the same side in that one, and you'd all get blown off the map.
              Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Former government official, still intellectually serving the empire.
              He was against the war in Iraq, but they wouldn't listen. If you're interested, a good recent interview: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ake-right-now/

If it shouldn't be quantified by number then how should it be quantified? The risk of death from a terrorist attack in the West is extremely low, even if you take all those events into account.
              Terrorism obviously has a layered effect, you have fatalities, injuries, financial cost, extra security, indent on the collective psyche - which is particularly important, people become unsure whether to use the subway, run at a marathon, they fear another attack, there are further security measures at airports and public events, it's restriction, stress and loss of freedom. Then you have increased racism, religious intolerance, building resentment, military retaliation by Governments, Gitmo detentions, lawsuits, protests, constant TV coverage..the list goes on.

It's not as simple as looking at the numbers, we know "only" three thousand were killed in 2001 and 8 million people live in NYC but it affects an entire nation (and beyond).

Anyhow, I'm not all that comfortable discussing politics on NSB. I understand your view and agree to a certain extent but I don't want to see the ISIS situation snowball out of control the way it appears to be heading.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 08-03-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

He was against the war in Iraq, but they wouldn't listen. If you're interested, a good recent interview: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ake-right-now/
                He was only against it on strategical grounds even though it was clearly a crime.

Terrorism obviously has a layered effect, you have fatalities, injuries, financial cost, extra security, indent on the collective psyche - which is particularly important, people become unsure whether to use the subway, run at a marathon, they fear another attack, there are further security measures at airports and public events, it's restriction, stress and loss of freedom. Then you have increased racism, religious intolerance, building resentment, military retaliation by Governments, Gitmo detentions, lawsuits, protests, constant TV coverage..the list goes on.

It's not as simple as looking at the numbers, we know "only" three thousand were killed in 2001 and 8 million people live in NYC but it affects an entire nation (and beyond).

Anyhow, I'm not all that comfortable discussing politics on NSB. I understand your view and agree to a certain extent but I don't want to see the ISIS situation snowball out of control the way it appears to be heading.
                The financial costs come from the bloated counter-terrorism and surveillance apparatus, the fear comes from a failure to put these events in perspective and look at how high the risk actually is, the loss of freedom comes from the state which takes advantage of a shell-shocked population in order to expand its power. That's the major threat to the West, not militants in the middle east.

Comment

Working...
                X