No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Abraham Will Just Look For One Big Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Abraham Will Just Look For One Big Shot

WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (23-0, 13 KOs) appears to be the favorite to win Showtime's Super Six tounament. Aside from his victory over Mikkel Kessler in the first stage of the Super Six, he easily defeated Allan Green over 12 rounds and he took a win by forfeit when Andre Dirrell had to pull out with an injury. Later tonight he squares off with Arthur Abraham in the tournament semifinals at Home Depot Center.

[Click Here To Read More]

Id be pretty surprised if Ward didnt win this one,unless AA has made some drastic changes too his game he will get beaten badly

Comment

Should be a good fight AA still has punchers chance against anyone. Either way Froch would kill them both

Comment

best of luck to both fighters tonight. They are both bringing stuff to the table; AA has his one punch, fight changer style; Ward, he is bringing his good technique and a chin that has quite be tested yet. Ward's technique is going to be the factor here since AA will not go down.

Comment

I expect Ward to head butt AA early in the fight to get the edge in the beginning of the bout, its important to impose himself in the same way he did against Kessler and Green, head butt and push the other fighter against the ropes and stay there. Unless AA knows how to keep Ward away from himself and keep Ward at the end of his punches, this will be the same. Ward is very limited and so is AA. Froch killed AA with his jab and it would be very interesting to see what an effective jabber can do against Ward.
          I do agree with the fact that AA is a puncher and his chance is just that, if he catches Ward flush, then I think its goodbye Ward , but will it happen? That's the question here and thats the only thing that makes the fight thrilling, AA punches equally hard in the 1st and 12th RD

Comment

I'd like to see AA win, but it's a long shot at this point. I also wouldn't be surprised to see this end on a Ward head butt and resulting cut.

Comment

ward gotta stay on his toes..abraham has a vicious left hook

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                I expect Ward to head butt AA early in the fight to get the edge in the beginning of the bout, its important to impose himself in the same way he did against Kessler and Green, head butt and push the other fighter against the ropes and stay there. Unless AA knows how to keep Ward away from himself and keep Ward at the end of his punches, this will be the same. Ward is very limited and so is AA. Froch killed AA with his jab and it would be very interesting to see what an effective jabber can do against Ward.
                I do agree with the fact that AA is a puncher and his chance is just that, if he catches Ward flush, then I think its goodbye Ward , but will it happen? That's the question here and thats the only thing that makes the fight thrilling, AA punches equally hard in the 1st and 12th RD
                yeap, you are right on the money. AA will have the same stamina on either round, he wont go down for sure, he had his jaw broken in the 6th round of a fight and still fought for 12 rounds to a winning decision. Ward should win by decision is he comes in with the right technique...

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1978 View Post
                  yeap, you are right on the money. AA will have the same stamina on either round, he wont go down for sure, he had his jaw broken in the 6th round of a fight and still fought for 12 rounds to a winning decision. Ward should win by decision is he comes in with the right technique...
                  And I'm hedging my bets on what that technique will be too. Headbutt,push to ropes, head in AA's chest, roll it around left and right, slip it up to bust up AA's mouth and chin, elbow sweep to AA's head, uppercut, hug and grind AA into the ropes, repeat as necessary until the bell or the ref separates the 2 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (23-0, 13 KOs) appears to be the favorite to win Showtime's Super Six tounament. Aside from his victory over Mikkel Kessler in the first stage of the Super Six, he easily defeated Allan Green over 12 rounds and he took a win by forfeit when Andre Dirrell had to pull out with an injury. Later tonight he squares off with Arthur Abraham in the tournament semifinals at Home Depot Center.

[Click Here To Read More]

not sure if Ward has the conditioning to outwork or outrun AA. if ward tires and starts holding and hitting, he will give AA a lot more opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                    X