Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Khan's chin be better at 147. Cotto as an example of good weight making.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Khan's chin be better at 147. Cotto as an example of good weight making.

Khan has always been a tall and rangey guy at 135 getting dropped by brit lvl fighters at 135 and also ktfo. He was 135 from his teens though, so maybe it was hard to do.

Cotto was getting dropped by people like Torres who indeed punches hard, but at 140 he was shakey at times.

As they both moved up, their chins improved. Khan took shots from maidana for example and cotto took some of moseley.

I feel cotto at 145 vs Pac did affect him the more I think of it. He would have still lost, but making every lb at this lvl can mean the difference.

Not that we have got a chance to see it, but I feel khan can trajectory more shots at ww especially with his new style.

He's not fought a hard puncher at 147 yet so it's hard to say.

He's always going to be easy to hurt if you can punch but he probably takes a shot better at 147 than he did at 140.

Comment

His chin will always remain crystal. He just needs to protect it better. I'm worried because he was very open for a left hook tonight. Better tighten up especially for Kell, cuz he will lay him flat out for the 10 count.

Comment

Khan looks great against guys like Alexander. I give him credit for making this fight more one sided than I thought, but don't forget for one minute that he is chinny. It wasn't long ago that he was dropped and hurt by Diaz. the next time he either fights a puncher or quality inside fighter he will look vulnerable again.

Comment

He looks better and stronger at 147. This looks lioke his best weight and he should continue to get better

Comment

He looks more solid at 147. He always looked a bit drawn at weigh ins but he looks solid at welter.

He's always going to have a dodgy chin though, that's just part of his make up, it's just a case of keeping it protected. When he is a one-two fighter his chin is pretty safe, when he starts those flurries though, it becomes very open.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He's always going to be easy to hurt if you can punch but he probably takes a shot better at 147 than he did at 140.
              People said the same thing when he moved up to 140 and went on an impressive run. Let's be real - he beat Lamont Peterson, and rather clearly too, even with the bogus deductions.

But he got cracked by Garcia - I mean cracked good. After that he got stunned again by a faded former lightweight. I think that took place at like a catchweight of 143?

But so far, so good at 147. Floyd can punch - he's got a very underrated punch. Brook can punch, and Thurman definitely has power.

Most likely Khan will fight Brook next, as it seems Pac/Floyd is finally destined to happen this spring/summer.

If he holds up to the accurate, boxer-puncher Brook, who is similar to Garcia in some ways, then it'll be a good measure of where his chin stands. That is of course if he doesn't jab and grab to a boring decision, and fights at least in spurts like the real Khan.

Comment

ANd just want to clarify I am a huge Khan fan. I think he's got the potential to beat Floyd just as much as Pac does.

He's also very exciting, and will fight anybody. He's got heart and balls for days.

Comment

He looked better and more durable but still he's very vulnerable to the left hook. Probably the first time I was impressed with Kahn though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

let's see khan against a 147-er that can punch a little.

his opponents so far have been very carefully picked to get him wins and keep him in the running for a fight with mayweather. I.e. a way past his best Collazo and light punching Alexander.

good matchmaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X