Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Margarito look so terrible against Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
    This guy, Margarito. He sounds like such a crappy fighter. Why did TOP40ATG LEGENDARY GOAT Floyd Mayweather avoid him like the plague?

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.

Comment

Larry actually has that article saved ready to copy and past when the time comes to defend his boy Money May

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Larry actually has that article saved ready to copy and past when the time comes to defend his boy Money May
        cause i post facts,most post jibberish

Comment

This guy, Margarito. He sounds like such a crappy fighter. Why did TOP40ATG LEGENDARY GOAT Floyd Mayweather avoid him like the plague?
          So by your logic Margarito is great because Floyd didn't fight him? Does that really make any sense? I could understand if Margarito beat Floyd but they never fought each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.
            Oh so he made a ridiculous demand that he knew he would never receive? Yea, duck.
            Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            So by your logic Margarito is great because Floyd didn't fight him? Does that really make any sense? I could understand if Margarito beat Floyd but they never fought each other.
            Cuz Floyd didnt want none, dogg. Tony is not to blame here.

Comment

Oh so he made a ridiculous demand that he knew he would never receive? Yea, duck.

Cuz Floyd didnt want none, dogg. Tony is not to blame here.
              The point is that they never fought. Giving a fighter credit for a fight that never transpired is dumb. Fighters get credit for fights they win not fights that never happened.

Comment

The point is that they never fought. Giving a fighter credit for a fight that never transpired is dumb. Fighters get credit for fights they win not fights that never happened.
                IDK man. Just earlier today IMDAZED said beating Mosley was great for Floyd cuz Mosley beat Margarito who beat Cotto, therefore Floyd >Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito. Do you agree with that?

Oh and Floyd also somehow gets credit for JMM icing Pacquiao. I'm serious, people believe that.

Comment

It always comes back to Floyd.......

Always.

Comment

IDK man. Just earlier today IMDAZED said beating Mosley was great for Floyd cuz Mosley beat Margarito who beat Cotto, therefore Floyd >Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito. Do you agree with that?

Oh and Floyd also somehow gets credit for JMM icing Pacquiao. I'm serious, people believe that.
                    Each of those fights are mutually exclusive. JMM icing Manny had nothing to do with Floyd. Let me give you an example of my point, I don't see anybody saying that Pirog is a beast because Martinez hasn't fought him.

Comment

Each of those fights are mutually exclusive. JMM icing Manny had nothing to do with Floyd. Let me give you an example of my point, I don't see anybody saying that Pirog is a beast because Martinez hasn't fought him.
                      Wait, what are we even debating? I never gave Margarito credit for anything. Alls I'm doing is poking fun at Floyd for ducking him.

Comment

Working...
                      X