Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisping was robbed against evans so i see Machida beating him.

Comment

Hope Machida wins. I lost all respect for Rashad after the Bisping fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
        Hope Machida wins. I lost all respect for Rashad after the Bisping fight.
        That was a robbery, Bisping won that fight.

Comment

Bisping ain't that bad, Rashad looked good against top notch opposition in only 13 fights. He finished Liddell, Lambert and Griffin. He's a legit top 3 in his weight class.
          But i would put Lyoto and Shogun ahead of him. Rampage is weak from his back.

Lyoto by wide, boring UD.

Comment

Xavier Foupa-Pokam, Chael Sonnen official as replacements for UFC 98

UFC 98 is once again officially complete, as Xavier Foupa-Pokam (20-10 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Chael Sonnen (21-10-1 MMA, 1-3 UFC) today were officially announced as participants on the evening's main card.

Foupa-Pokam meets fellow striker Drew McFedries, while Sonnen faces middleweight prospect Dan Miller.

Headlined by a light-heavyweight title fight between champion Rashad Evans and challenger Lyoto Machida, UFC 98 takes place May 23 in Las Vegas.

Foupa-Pokam looks to rebound from a loss in his UFC debut. The French national dropped a unanimous decision to Denis Kang at UFC 97 in April.

McFedries was originally slated to face James Irvin. The former light heavyweight was looking to make his first run in the 185-pound division, but a torn meniscus forced Irvin out of the bout.

Sonnen will also be looking to rebound from a defeat. The four-time UFC veteran and WEC title challenger was submitted by top contender Demain Maia at UFC 95 in February. The bout was Sonnen's first in the UFC in nearly three years.

Miller had been expectd to face top 185-pounder Yushin Okami. The Japanese fighter was forced to withdraw from the card with a torn MCL.

UFC 98 has already lost its orginal main event when an an injury to interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir forced the delay of his title unification bout with Brock Lesnar to July. Top welterweight Josh Koscheck was also forced to withdraw from the card due to injury.

The full card now includes:

MAIN CARD

* Champ Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida (for light-heavyweight title)
            * Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
            * Xavier Foupa-Pokam vs. Drew McFedries
            * Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
            * Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson
            * Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
            * Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
            * Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
            * Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
            * David Kaplan vs. George Roop

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
              I'm excited for this one! Machida and Rashad are both, in my eyes, the #1 and #2 205lb. fighters in the world yet no one gives them the credit they deserve.
              really ? what circles u hang in dude

i hear nothing but lyoto is thr future p4p no1 mma fighter.
              and rashad is the look like **** and win big king.

off topic: phallusy - im not s****** btw, im his no1 fan

Comment

Broken hand forces Houston Alexander off injury-riddled UFC 98 card

Add Houston Alexander to a list that already includes Frank Mir, Josh Koscheck, Yushin Okami and James Irvin.

Alexander (8-4 MMA, 2-3 UFC), a light heavyweight who was in a must-win situation, suffered a broken hand has been forced out of a scheduled UFC 98 preliminary-card bout with Andre Gusmao (5-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) .

Gusmao will likely remain on the card, which takes place May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, though a replacement has not been named.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported in January that the Alexander-Gusmao matchup had been added to the UFC 98 card.

After bursting on the UFC scene with swift and brutal knockouts of Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara, Alexander has since suffered first-round losses to Thiago Silva (TKO), James Irvin (KO) and Eric Schafer (submission). Prior to the losing skid, Alexander went 8-0 (with one no-contest) in a nine-fight span.

Gusmao, who was forced off a January UFC 93 card with an injury, made his only UFC appearance at 87, where he suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Jon Jones and snapped a five-fight win streak he pieced together during the first three years of his career.

Comment

Man this card has changed more times than Paris Hilton's dirty panties.

Comment

Evans standup trumps machida's stick and run like a wuss routine.. I think rashad with the ko in round 2 when machida gets shin splints from sprinting around the octagon.

Comment

Machida stick and run routine is what will win him the match. It irratates the other guy which he ends up making mistakes and cost him the match...

Comment

Working...
                      X