Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Canelo-Lara: Privilege, Prestige, Pride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Canelo-Lara: Privilege, Prestige, Pride

by David P. Greisman - It is a fight that has been a long time coming, but it has not at all been a long time in the making.

Canelo Alvarez will face Erislandy Lara this Saturday in a pay-per-view main event. Theirs is a pairing that many of us believed would never happen.

That is because Alvarez was one of the prized prospects within the Golden Boy Promotions stable. He has since become a cash cow, the biggest boxing star in Mexico today and a crossover success within the United States as well. He draws big ratings and sells tickets no matter which of the two countries he fights in.

That is what was expected of Alvarez. That is why we felt Lara was being kept away from him. [Click Here To Read More]

...Alvarez basically burned himself with saying "I have the opportunity to choose my opponents like Manny and Floyd, but I choose the most dangerous opponents." I guess he didn't consider himself "the most dangerous opponent" for Floyd when they fought. smh...

Comment

This writer is a racist, saying Canelo sells because he has red hair?? Fair-skinned?? He has white skin just like many other Mexicans. It`s like saying R Downing Jr. sells movies because he has dark skin, or Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
        This writer is a racist, saying Canelo sells because he has red hair?? Fair-skinned?? He has white skin just like many other Mexicans. It`s like saying R Downing Jr. sells movies because he has dark skin, or Keanu Reeves.
        Chill the **** out man. Fair skin in Mexico, latin america and most of the world is admired. Not pasty skin, but fair-skin like Canelo's. And having red hair definitely adds to Canelo's thing. Do you even know what "Canelo" means in Spanish?

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
          Chill the **** out man. Fair skin in Mexico, latin america and most of the world is admired. Not pasty skin, but fair-skin like Canelo's. And having red hair definitely adds to Canelo's thing. Do you even know what "Canelo" means in Spanish?
          Canelo does have a unique look. But are you suggesting that non-fair skin isn't admired?

Comment

Danm these writers are on a roll another good article. Rooting gor canelo but lara is no easy task like all Cubans great movement good accuracy and overall great boxing skill its a 60-40 fight in Lara's favor

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
              Danm these writers are on a roll another good article. Rooting gor canelo but lara is no easy task like all Cubans great movement good accuracy and overall great boxing skill its a 60-40 fight in Lara's favor
              I think its 50-50, canelos skills are severily underated by lara's fans!

Comment

The honour and glory

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  The honour and glory
                  One u too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    One u too many.
                    English spelling pea

Comment

Working...