Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigondeaux was a welterweight, could he outbox Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo is perhaps the only active boxer that p4p has a legit chance at outboxing Floyd thoroughly. You can point to Floyd's resume/experience and say the experience factor trumps pure skill, and I tend to agree, but rigos amateur record is disgusting, Rigo will sadly probably get shut down by the networks because casual fans don't understand it or like it, but I could see Floyd having problems to counter Rigo, and I think Rigo could find Floyd rather easily at first. To me it comes down to who adjusts and how.

I could see Rigo being more aggressive, and successful at first, then Floyd adjusting, then seeing if Rigo readjusts back. Rigo is even harder to hit than Floyd and Floyd wouldn't let his hands go if he can't find Rigo consistently, I see a chess match of the highest level, pure boxing and counter punching attempts, I see both trying to dominate the center of the ring and many exciting flurries that end in one or the other masterfully slipping everything, or a few landed crisp shots with a counter following.

Another factor is power, I think Floyd would be the stronger puncher but again, I don't see either finding each other enough for it to be a factor, I see a UD/SD in Rigos favor the cleaner the fight, the dirtier the fight, I see Floyd winning by MD, but I think both possess more than enough defense and chin to where a stoppage would be out of the question, barring a freak stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Ok so now you're back to arguing that Floyd would hold the upper hand from the outside even though I already established Demarcus Corley and Zab Judah essentially forced Floyd to go inside on them because of how successful they were from the outside. That was pointless.
      Floyd didnt even go inside on either of those guys,, It was all over for zab as soon as floyd unleashed the lead right from the outside, and corley is a horrible example, the dude had one big round and then got completely outboxed and owned by floyd...
      Im sure rigo will have some bright moments in the fight but over 12 rounds floyd is gonna adapt and outpoint rigo

If you wanna use the corley fights, then use the donaire fight when rigo got dropped, floyd should be able to drop rigo since donaire and a few others have been able to...

Rigo is a legit top 3 p4p guy, but he is nowhere near as versatile as floyd is and that will be his down fall

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Floyd is not Donaire or Agbeko...some of you people are ****ing ******ed seriously
        And Rigo is Hatton, right?

Comment

Working...
        X