Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hopkins ever go back to the projects?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SergioMaravilla View Post
    It's not just that Hopkins would lose respect, but he himself said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me', that was personal pride on the line, and he lost
    People watch fights. Of course you don't care what people think. People thought Hop won that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Yeah they let him back Cuz the boys knew Joe bought coke off them before the fight so they gave BHOP a pass. Seeing as he was coked up during the fight. Plus Bernard won the fight and Joe got the decision. The hood knows you can't win a fight with sissy slaps.

the projects don't think he lost that fight...if that answers the kid who started this thread

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        sergiomaravilla, i'm quite sure, that the "projects" saw the fight, between bernard hopkins and joe calzaghe, the same way bernard hopkins saw it...a fight in which the judges got wrong on the scorecards, because bernard hopkins, kept it real, and fought his philly style of fighting, even scored a knockdown on joe calzaghe, in the first or second round...meaning, joe calzaghe, although getting the decision and being white, still didn't whoop his azz...or as we sometimes say, its all good, in the hood...lol
        Hi djtmal, thanks for your input. I thought JC edged it On activity, but that's not important. The words Bernard used in the build up were strong, remember the uproar when Alan Minter made a similar comment to Marvin Hagler? That kind racism has no place in the sport in my opinion, I was wondering if it affected Hopkins standing with his fans, as he lost the fight. He did say he could never go back if he lost

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post

the projects don't think he lost that fight...if that answers the kid who started this thread
          You're a huge BHop fan I presume, did BHOP not say what TS said he did?

If I remember correctly BHop was quoted saying “I will never let a white boy beat me. Never.” " I would never let a white boy beat me. I would never lose to a white boy. I couldn't go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me."

So with that being said, why do you find it weird that TS made this thread? I too am wondering, did BHop ever return to the "projects" after getting beat by a white boy?

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMaravilla View Post
            In the build up to the Hopkins fight, Bernard said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me'. I remember being shocked at the time, it was very controversial. Calzaghe got the decision and that's history, I was wondering if Bernard has been back to the projects since? It was a big deal at the time, using race to hype a fight, it was reminiscent of Holmes-Cooney, Frazier-Ali.
            You may have been shocked, but it obviously pissed you off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
              You may have been shocked, but it obviously pissed you off as well.
              Does that count as a "win" for you? Joe is forever Bhop's daddy lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                Does that count as a "win" for you? Joe is forever Bhop's daddy lmao.
                yeah sure.

At the end of the day B-hop goes down as one of the greatest of all time, a legend and a guy who took on all challenges. Joe will hardly be remembered outside of Wales and most that remember him will remember a guy who hid in obscurity for 10 years before taking a somewhat of a risky fight, then retired after beating a couple past prime 40+ year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Holder

Joe C putting the cheating bigot Hopkins in his place

pwnage

Comment

the hood said "man I dont give a f.uck what they say Bhop you still the coolest f.ucker we now" "dont worry about that s.hit man" and then every one lived happily every after.

Really what gonna happen they gonna whoop Bhop ass for losing worse case scenarios is poeple cap on his a$$ few times f.uck with his bruised pride, but that WORSE case scenario cause wasnt like bhop was knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                      yeah sure.

At the end of the day B-hop goes down as one of the greatest of all time, a legend and a guy who took on all challenges. Joe will hardly be remembered outside of Wales and most that remember him will remember a guy who hid in obscurity for 10 years before taking a somewhat of a risky fight, then retired after beating a couple past prime 40+ year olds.
                      LMFAO!!!!!!

I think B-hop is a great fighter. I also think Calzaghe is a great fighter as well.

However you dudes need to slow down as b-hop lost to almost every elite prime fighter his size. Sure he beat Pascal, Tarver and Tito (full credit for those wins) but for every one of those there are loses to Roy Jones, Calzaghe, Dawson, Taylor etc. If they aren't moving up in weight to face B-hop, then it's been a loss for Hopkins (minus the Tarver fight).

So before you try to trash Calzaghe's career.....be careful as the same can be done to b-hops.

Comment

Working...
                      X