Anyone else hoping Ward gets KO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    Not really. You must not be American though....
    I can guarantee the person is an American. Like I've said so many times before, Americans love a winner so long as he/she isn't black. But as soon as a black person becomes number 1 everybody and their brother starts hating. Hell they even have categories for the most hated athlete in America. Topping the list is a person of color. What more can I say???????...

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Why would you want Ward to get KOd? He's one of the most likeable guys in boxing, IMO.
      Yes, what's there not to like about a fighter who fights once every 18 months?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Yeah cause we all know that was a choice, I mean he wasn't injured or anything

Comment

Originally posted by oneon11 View Post
          I can guarantee the person is an American. Like I've said so many times before, Americans love a winner so long as he/she isn't black. But as soon as a black person becomes number 1 everybody and their brother starts hating. Hell they even have categories for the most hated athlete in America. Topping the list is a person of color. What more can I say???????...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            C'mon man. That doesn't warrant wanting someone to get KOd.

Broner, I can understand, but Ward?

I'm not even saying its wrong to root against him, or wanting him to lose, but KOd?

Comment

Originally posted by oneon11 View Post
              Okay just because Wards black this is automatically a race issue, boxing like any sport is subjective. Just because the TS expressed an opinion doesn't automatically make him a racist, he probably just doesn't like Ward's style!

I'm genuinely fascinated by your statement here! Please give examples of these winners who've been unfairly hated upon!

Comment

Dunno about straight-up KO'ed, but I'd like to see him lose cleanly. Even though I hugely appreciate his skills and talent, I'll never forgive him for trouncing my boys Froch and Dawson.

Doesn't matter either way. I firmly believe there is nobody who can beat Andre Ward.

Comment

I dt think people dislike Ward just because he's black. I do think race can play a role in how people look at athletes, but in Ward's case, not so much. He's half white anyway.

Comment

It's not about race. It's Andre Ward being a primadonna and insisting that he only fights in his backyard. Fans are still pissed at him for the **** he pulled in the supah 6, and rightfully so

Comment

Yes, I hate Ward.

He never travels to fight any of his opponents, he doesn't go up or down in weightclass to face the best possible opposition, his style is extremely boring, he headbutts and clinches 100 times a fight while only fighting once a year

Comment

Working...
                      X