Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your prediction prior to the first Holyfield tyson match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Tyson would win by KO. But I had this sinking feeling that Holyfield was going to give him a real challenge. Reason being was Holyfield was going to be the first real opponent that Tyson faced since coming out of prison. Everyone that he faced up until that point were either scared of him or weren't real contenders.

Comment

i had a bet at work with a tyson fan that holyfield would win , because i was a huge holyfield fan , but deep down i had doubts , i knew holyfield would be tysons toughest foe and if it went late tyson would slow down.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
        sure you did
        I did. I know there's no way to prove that now, but I did. I'm not claiming to have any kind of great insight or psychic ability. If I did, I would've won the lotto by now, but that was one of the few fights I picked right. I got this one right, Also told a friend Lennox Lewis would get a late knockout, probably in the 8th, which he did and that Anderson Silva would get a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen in their rematch. Trust me, I'm wrong a lot more often though. Although, I did pick the Broncos to beat the Packers in the Superbowl and the Giants to beat the Patriots in close Superbowl games twice. We're talking less than 50% accuracy here, so a flip of the coin is more accurate. It's the truth and I don't much care whether you believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          I did. I know there's no way to prove that now, but I did. I'm not claiming to have any kind of great insight or psychic ability. If I did, I would've won the lotto by now, but that was one of the few fights I picked right. I got this one right, Also told a friend Lennox Lewis would get a late knockout, probably in the 8th, which he did and that Anderson Silva would get a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen in their rematch. Trust me, I'm wrong a lot more often though. Although, I did pick the Broncos to beat the Packers in the Superbowl and the Giants to beat the Patriots in close Superbowl games twice. We're talking less than 50% accuracy here, so a flip of the coin is more accurate. It's the truth and I don't much care whether you believe me.
          Offhand, I recall predicting Holyfield had stopped McDonah in 4 which proved true when I saw the newspaper. Also, when round 4 started in the Lewis-Rahman rematch I had the strangest feeling knowing it was gonna end in that round. As far as Lewis-Tyson, I thought it could go either way...

Comment

My father and I had an argument about this fight before it happened. I said Evander would give Tyson all he could handle and had it in him to win because he was not frightened or terrorised by Tyson and had the ability to pull off an upset. My father said I was an idiot and it was a forgone conclusion that Tyson would win. I had a lot riding on that fight and Evander did me proud. At the end my father was making more excuses to explan Tyson's loss than Amir Khan does when he takes a beating although he never gave me credit for calling it right.

Comment

Tyson by KO within 3.

Comment

I thought Tyson was going to destroy Holyfield based on how terrible Evander looked against Bobby Czyz. Czyz had no business being in the ring with Holyfield, yet he seemed to make Evander very uncomfortable. Just looked to me like Evander had no zip left and I didn't see how he'd hold Tyson off for very long.

What's funny is within the first minute of the fight I went from feeling like I was totally correct to being possibly very wrong. Tyson landed an immediate right that jarred Holyfield and I thought "here we go!". But just seconds later Holy slipped a shot and hooked to Tyson's head and body.....and I swear I saw an instant reduction in Mike's ferocity. I really believe he thought "uh-oh, am I gonna have to actually fight tonight?". Though Tyson never quit, I do think he could be rather easily discouraged.
                Last edited by jabsRstiff; 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X