Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. about to hold 3 Lineal Titles AT THE SAME DAMNT TIME!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    He has four

130-Hernandez
    135-Castillio
    147-Baldomir

Now 154 he should have it because him and Canelo where the #1 and 2 by Ring magazine at the time and that creates the Lineal. Also the The Ring Magazine website does have him as the 154 champion, its not Vacant.

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight
    The ring title is the ring's version of who should be recognized as champion. Only in the last seven years has it been considered as their version of the lineal title. Previously to that, even The Ring considered lineal champion as the man that beat the man that was sole champion. Not the man that beat who the Ring magazine considered #2. The origin of the lineal titles started with an undisputed champion. Not the best two out of four. But with multiple champions they went for the next best thing.

Comment

He has four

130-Hernandez
      135-Castillio
      147-Baldomir

Now 154 he should have it because him and Canelo where the #1 and 2 by Ring magazine at the time and that creates the Lineal. Also the The Ring Magazine website does have him as the 154 champion, its not Vacant.

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight
      Floyd has only 3. The catchweight fight against weight drained zombie Canelo was not for lineal title for grab. Floyd didn't beat the best Canelo but a weight drained zombie. When was in boxing history the lineal title fought through a catchweight fight.
      Last edited by straightleft; 06-08-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        The ring title is the ring's version of who should be recognized as champion. Only in the last seven years has it been considered as their version of the lineal title. Previously to that, even The Ring considered lineal champion as the man that beat the man that was sole champion. Not the man that beat who the Ring magazine considered #2. The origin of the lineal titles started with an undisputed champion. Not the best two out of four. But with multiple champions they went for the next best thing.
        If the man of the division retires or moves up then the top 2 at 154 would form a new linage it has nothing to do with The Ring. Who where the top 2 at 154 at the time?

Also i guess your right in a way i checked and every other website and they have Floyd as a 3 time lineal champion not 4.

IMO i think he should be 4.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Floyd has only 3. The catchweight fight against weight drained zombie Canelo was not for lineal title for grab. Floyd didn't beat Canelo but a weight drained zombie. When was in boxing history the lineal title fought through catchweight fight.
          Ya the catchweight was dumb, especially for the Lineal i cant condom, but weight drained zombie lol idk about all that. He let off the same combination punches on the ropes as he did in the Angulo fight. Floyd just dodged them and used his shoulder roll i think its more a style match up is all wrong for Canelo.

Comment

The last lineal champ at 154 was Winky Right. Both Canelo and Floyd didn't beat the man at 154 plus both guys fought at catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
              If you maintain that both Cotto and Mayweather cherry picked I respect that opinion.

However if yo think this was a great legit win by Cotto over Martinez then you cant discredit Floyd for beating Cotto.
              wouldm't it be better for floyd's legacy if cotto fought GGG first and then may moved up to fight the winner of that? (or would that be too scary?)

Comment

If the man of the division retires or moves up then the top 2 at 154 would form a new linage it has nothing to do with The Ring.
                Who's top two though, the WBA? the WBC? Golden Boy owned Ring Magazine? Maybe yours or mine? As long as there are three other champions, there will always be the dispute. Only luck and oversite by the ranking bodies has kept us from having multiple lineal champions per division. There was a time that lineal meant somewhere along the line there was only one champion. But fans and promoters benefit as the Ring picks them and perhaps it is closest we will get with todays situation.

The ring magazine is a reliable source for rankings in comparison to the rest but like I said their way of picking a champion was started because it was a lot easier than getting champions in the same weight division to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  The last lineal champ at 154 was Winky Right. Both Canelo and Floyd didn't beat the man at 154 plus both guys fought at catchweight.
                  Right, but when the champ moves up or retires the #1 and #2 form a new lineage. The catch weight thing i agree was BS, but if Canelo beats Lara who are the #1 and #2 of the division with Floyd recognized as the champion, he has to rematch Canelo again at 154 for the definitive 154 Lineal champ?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Who's top two though, the WBA? the WBC? Golden Boy owned Ring Magazine? Maybe yours or mine? As long as there are three other champions, there will always be the dispute. Only luck and oversite by the ranking bodies has kept us from having multiple lineal champions per division. There was a time that lineal meant somewhere along the line there was only one champion. But fans and promoters benefit as the Ring picks them and perhaps it is closest we will get with todays situation.

The ring magazine is a reliable source for rankings in comparison to the rest but like I said their way of picking a champion was started because it was a lot easier than getting champions in the same weight division to fight each other.
                    The ring magazine is confusing sometimes for example, Floyd won the Lineal title against Genaro Hernandez in 1998, but in 2001 Diego Corrales was ranked #1 and Floyd #2? It makes no sense.

Comment

Counting your chickens before they hatch? If Mayweather fights Cotto again and loses, I will laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X