Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Size From Arreola-Stiverne 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    26ft IIRC...basically a football field with ropes around the sidelines and end zones

while we're at it, i would also like the commission to implement a 4 clinches per round rule...after the 4th clincn, a warning...then points deduction after
    Oh come on, Pacquiao had what a 22ft ring for Margs and the CW advantage.

Didnt they say the HW fight was in a 17-18ft ring tho? Damn son..

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      There probably should be a standard ring size at least for championship fights, or eliminators. I would say heavies make most rings look small though, while the small guys always seem to have room. As to if that is the correct size, i think it is debatable, but I could see how your point would be better for the sport as it would force more action and if a guy could still box avoiding the other guy in the smaller rings they would deserve even more praise.

Just imagine if the Lakers could have had an extra wide court to open up the floor for Kobe. What other sport can you change the playing field like that~
      Football (soccer), cricket, .

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Football (soccer), cricket, .
        That is right there are different size pitches, lol. Baseball also, each stadium is totally different shaped.

Generally speaking though those stadiums are all built that way, so they may build a team to fit the stadium but they don't go changing the field all the time to gain benefits over different rivals.

Comment

Commissioner Floyd would never let himself be forced into a ring that small bro

Comment

amir khan would do well in a small ring, a lot of his attacj to the body will get him more ko's because people keep running from his body shots

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
              I've been saying it all along. True boxing is not pity pat running. I understand taking a step back or side to side but damn, some of these guys just like running marathons.
              This, this and this.

I am all for it.

Comment

Or if only fighters would learn to cut off the ring. I now I am asking for an extra skill here, to adapt to large rings and people prefer skillless brawlers.

Comment

Everybody watches boxing for different styles.

Comment

There should be a standard size for all fights but I wouldn't harshly punish outboxers who like a larger ring. There should be a sensible middle ground that should be mandated for all bouts.

Comment

Lol at the chucklefucks in this thread.

Fighters are often lambasted for not having a warrior's mentality, yet in this thread you have people boohooing about rings being too small. Is the mentality of a warrior not to overcome the obstacles in his path? Is is not the mentality of a warrior to adapt to his surroundings? Do you think warriors started whinging to a higher authority because their opponent went on the defensive?

People really need to make up their mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X