Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves not happy with 15%; will lobby IBF for more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he's that confident he can get in there and beat froch easy then why does it even matter, it's not like he's on the bread line.

take the fight, win easily (like you say you will) and then you will be the one making the demands

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      I really hope IBF grant him a bigger slice of the purse too, I can imagine Froch going absolutely **** and throwing his toys around and spitting his food out.

The IBF will need to be careful. Further concessions could set a precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I think Froch's initial offer was close to 75-25, but the IBF ruling means Groves is only entitled to 15%. The appeal kind of backfired financially.
        The first offer also included an immediate rematch and a 3 fight contract with Matchroom - Which Groves was most unhappy about.

From Groves perspective, he'd take the same offer without the options/contract, but from Matchroom's point of view, the only need to give him 15%.

I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          I guess they have already set a precedent with the initial ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I guess they have already set a precedent with the initial ruling.
            True and True. However I want to know when boxing organisations started giving a shit about precedents lol

Comment

I think Groves should have taken the 25%, focused on beating Froch and moving onto to bigger paydays thereafter.

While I understand groves position, he needs to appreciate that on paper Froch has the belt and the win in the first fight.

Most of Grove's behavior out of the ring is naive and a bit immature sometimes, inside the ropes he can have a great career ahead of him and he is an exciting young middleweight with real potential.

Froch fighting Chavez Jnr is a bit of a joke, but it would feed Carl's massive ego no end.

Comment

ward be like: CHAVEZ is a BUM!

Comment

Something about making your bed.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    The first offer also included an immediate rematch and a 3 fight contract with Matchroom - Which Groves was most unhappy about.

From Groves perspective, he'd take the same offer without the options/contract, but from Matchroom's point of view, the only need to give him 15%.

I'm sure they'll figure something out.
                    I had forgot about that!!

Yeah definitely makes sense now, why would he want to join the same promotions which clearly made their intention of mugging him?

Comment

Groves said Hearn offered him a contract one day before he (Groves) went to IBF. He said the contract was full of conditionalities, a rematch clause and so on...

On another hand, it's crystal clear that these two guys (Froch and Groves) actually hate each other...

Under the circumstances, if Groves sees himself as the real deal he should go for the fight, take the belt, and make big money later...

Comment

Working...
                      X