Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia/Matthysse will be the deciding match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Winner of Matthysse-Garcia.
      I agree with Matthysse being round about the best.

However i'm not convinced with Garcia. I think Rios, Alvarado and Maidana would end Garcia in the first 5 rounds. With arguably Peterson also giving him a very hard time. Matthysse decapitates him.

Comment

I feel khan needs to look in his cupboard for any left over ariza shakes when he goes to 147 just so he has a nice forcefield on his chin to go with his cyborg upgraded neck. Its funny cause khan was top dog @ 140 at one stafge 

Comment

Matthysse is streaks ahead in my opinion. Maidana is now a Welter so I don't think he should be in the picture!

I might cop some flak for this but I think Rios would pose the biggest threat to Lucas at 140. I'm a fan of both and I know that Rios is limited especially against a guy with good movement and boxing ability. But if Brandon held up to Lucas's power, if Rios uses his jab, combined with his weight and inside ability I think he'd give Matthysse problems.

Plus it would be the most fan friendly fight at 140!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Doublechin~ View Post
            It's a packed division with some great talent, and although some of the fights wont ever happen as fighters are with different promoters. In your opinion who is, or would be the best at 140.

For me it would have to be between Alvarado and Matthysse. I would vote for Alvarado as i think he has the power and smartness as shown vs Rios 2 to be able to beat Matthysse.
            Garcia is the best until proven otherwise.
            Mathysse may be the best, but on paper he's already been beaten by two limited guys.

The mathysse-garcia fight will be for the undisputed #1 position.

Comment

I am not surprised to see votes for Khan over Matthysse and Garcia. Khan would get a couple votes if was included in a heavyweight poll too.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Doublechin~ View Post
                I agree with Matthysse being round about the best.

However i'm not convinced with Garcia. I think Rios, Alvarado and Maidana would end Garcia in the first 5 rounds. With arguably Peterson also giving him a very hard time. Matthysse decapitates him.
                Apparently Garcia had some pretty credible amateur experience, so he could outbox Rios and Maidana, but if he decides to trade I agree they'd annihilate him!

I dont mind Danny but I agree, Alvarado and Peterson would beat him also! He's doing well at the moment but he seems too limited. I'd love to see how his power would hold up against guys like Brandon, Alvarado and Lucas.

Comment

Lucas Matthysse

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                    Apparently Garcia had some pretty credible amateur experience, so he could outbox Rios and Maidana, but if he decides to trade I agree they'd annihilate him!

I dont mind Danny but I agree, Alvarado and Peterson would beat him also! He's doing well at the moment but he seems too limited. I'd love to see how his power would hold up against guys like Brandon, Alvarado and Lucas.
                    He was a good national amateur - nothing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Winner of Matthysse-Garcia.
                      The obvious answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X