No announcement yet.

Mares defeats moreno!!!!MARES VS Donaire make it happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Yeah, I remember the whole board raving about Froch with the run he was on, and yet Mares has fought consistently better opposition I think that are doing better too. Darchinyan is the guy that has faced the best competition consistently for me.

Donaire
    Mares
    Arce
    Mijares
    Moreno
    Pacheco
    Agbeko
    Perez
    Yamanaka
    Kirilov
    Rojas

All are, were, or became champions at the time Darchinyan fought them. He's also got his share of former champions too.

Even his soft touches, between losses, are guys who look good on someone else's resume.

I really enjoyed it too actually. I don't understand, at all, those guys saying Moreno is a ***** runner. The guy was walking Mares down, trying to land bombs every time Mares slowed up a bit, and he's a pure counter puncher. It's just funny what people think compared to what they see. I saw one guy saying Mayweather, Wladimir and Ward are exciting boxers that box 'properly' while Moreno was just a ****** runner that deserved the 120-106 card.....wtf?

Moreno took more chances and risks in that fight trying to land the big one than those three combined have in their last three fights.
    He wasn't running when he hurt Mares in 8 and 11 or when he stood in the trenches in the second half and took rights and came back with cuts. Sometimes he flies to get room. He is stationary often as well. I loved the fight tonight. Both guys are 'P4P' quality guys who took the risk of facing each other. Someone had to lose. I regularly lump Froch, Vic and Mares together.

They are the real Gatti list right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Mares jab also was working very well and I don't think Moreno was expecting that.

From the first round I said to myself, Moreno needs to take that jab away but he couldn't on a consistent basis.

Mares really impressed me tonight.
      Agreed, and the jab sorta blinded Moreno or obstructed his vision while Mares used the opportunity to bore in. Very Hopkins-esque performance by Mares although he struggled quite a bit during the fight on more than several occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        donaire needs to start training asap by having his wife judo kick his dick. He'll be ready for mares then
        lmao!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X