No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says a Knockout of Canelo Can Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rocktx View Post
    Man that was a heck of a rant. I see the points you are making about the fighters Floyd has picked, but...

In the end do you really think Floyd would have lost to any of those fighters?

Sure they may have been a little more risk than the fighters he chose, but you could pick a handful of fights for anyone and say, "hey they could have fought someone better instead of who they chose" . Remember fights getting made isn't completely up to the fighter. There could be hundreds of reasons those fights didn't get made back then. Not just Floyd saying, "Oh he's too big a risk, I dont wanna fight him"
    I've been following the sport closely since the 90's. So basically I saw how Floyd went up the ranks. I still remember Floyd being one of the best fighters and not even filling out an arena in his home state. It was DLH who made Floyd a household name and yet people tend to forget.

I briefly made a resume of Floyd's career. Of course there are a lot of factors left out of why didn't Floyd fight better fighters who were available. A lot had to do back then on how Bob Arum protected his fighters and how Top Rank made stars without risking them to better quality opposition. Many of Top Rank stars were craftily made to be. It took good matchmaking and promoting. Floyd learned it from the Top Rank way. But there were also times when Floyd had the habit of degrading opponents who had a fair chance of giving him a run for his money.

In the end of my post, I made it clear that:

Sooo, did Floyd have the talent to beat all of the fighters he never faced or the ones that weren't in their primes or without any advantage? He probably would have... But the clouds of DOUBT would never end and in the end he may have fooled many but there will always be those he can't fool to easy.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gatling View Post
        How can you start a post with "honestly" then try and feed me bullshyt?

Yeah, I think I'll take a Corrales statement over Mosley's more than a decade later thanks.
        OK, either you were lying or you have no clue. From your statements, I will take it that you have no clue then but if you had no clue then you lied as well because you gave the impression initially that you did! lol!

Diego had the flu the week of the fight, was severely weight drained and was ready to do a stint in prison. The reason that Mosley said what he said is because most people know about Diego's condition on that night. There are articles on this. Even Diego's trainer YEARS later stating that he even blamed himself for Diego's bad condition ..... I would take that over someone named Gatling any day!

You just happen to be one that doesn't know the truth!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          OK, either you were lying or you have no clue. From your statements, I will take it that you have no clue then but if you had no clue then you lied as well because you gave the impression initially that you did! lol!

Diego had the flu the week of the fight, was severely weight drained and was ready to do a stint in prison. The reason that Mosley said what he said is because most people know about Diego's condition on that night. There are articles on this. Even Diego's trainer YEARS later stating that he even blamed himself for Diego's bad condition ..... I would take that over someone named Gatling any day!

You just happen to be one that doesn't know the truth!
          Source for your claims please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatling View Post
            Source for your claims please.
            Here is Diego's trainer stating what I already said. You want more links there are more ....

http://conchordswiki.hbo.com/boxing/...h-coaches.html

"For Ariza, this is a second chance..... he received a call from ...... Diego Corrales. He, Diego, needed a strength coach....... Corrales had the flu before the Floyd fight and had trouble making weight: both factors led to an enervated Corrales getting knocked out in 10 rounds. It proved a learning experience for Ariza..... If I continued to cut weight, I'd make Corrales weaker. If I fed him, I could get him stronger then try to deal with the weight issue - and IT BACKFIRED!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X