No announcement yet.

fast twitch muscles and sprinting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast twitch muscles and sprinting

hi guys. ive heard that sprinting helps build fast twitch muscles. however dose this just meen for the muscles used in springing? i.e. legs. or dose it make all muscles adapt? thanks

leg,hip muscles mainly i assume, doing faster pullups/pushups will help the upper body fast twitch muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
      hi guys. ive heard that sprinting helps build fast twitch muscles. however dose this just meen for the muscles used in springing? i.e. legs. or dose it make all muscles adapt? thanks
      who did you hear that from,sprinting is good for quickness,it gives a quick release from the moment you leave the starting blocks to the finish

Comment

It also helps if you're East African.

Comment

Sadly I'm not. How do I know if I am fast twitch or slow twitch muscle dominant?

Comment

also am i right in thinking fast twitch muscles are more important in boxing?

Comment

fast twitch are useful for sprinting 100 meters a few times as fast as you can and then resting for 2 days.

slow twitch are useful for flapping your wings like a humming bird for hours on end.

what do you thinks better for boxing?

and the speed of a punch dosnt come from fast twitch fibers, it comes from kinetic linking.

like lets say theres 3 muscles between your feet and your fist. if all three of these muscles are fast twitch this will result in you flexing all of them at once and throwing your punch as fast twitch are higly sensitive to eletrical current.

lets say there are 3 muscles between your feet and your fist. if all three of these muscles are slow twitch this result in you being able to flex the first muscle and as the momentum of that movement flows into the second muscle your then able to flex that muscle carrying the momentum and accelerating it untill the momentum reaches the third muscle which you then use to contuinue carrying the momentum and accelerate it into your fist.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-24-2010, 05:33 AM.

Comment

so slow twitch muscles are better? i kind of get what you are saying there but surely if those muscles do the same thing but faster then the punch will land faster and with more power? i know you need insane endurance for boxing also but i was under the assumption that fast twitch muscles create an oxygen debt during the round then you aerobically respire in the rest in-between rounds to repay the debt and then can act anaerobically again?

Comment

so slow twitch muscles are better? i kind of get what you are saying there but surely if those muscles do the same thing but faster then the punch will land faster and with more power? i know you need insane endurance for boxing also but i was under the assumption that fast twitch muscles create an oxygen debt during the round then you aerobically respire in the rest in-between rounds to repay the debt and then can act anaerobically again?
                  they do diffrent things like fast twitch will make the punch faster from the initial movement but at the cost of less whipping motion so a lower top speed but you have a more constant power so distance matters less as from the initial movement your pretty much already at top speed. slow twitch with practiced proper punching will be only slightly slower but reaches a much higher top speed but distance matters alot more but you have more stamina.

both are important and both can make you a champion, but I personally would rather have very fast slow twitch muscles.

and fast twitch also puts alot of stress on the muscle and theres alot more then oxygen that needs to be replenished.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

also am i right in thinking fast twitch muscles are more important in boxing?
                    ithink that sprinting enables good quick outbursts,as in jabs,lateral movement,jumping jacks are also good

Comment

Working...
                    X