No announcement yet.

Ivan Calderon: Brilliant or Terrible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Calderon: Brilliant or Terrible?

If Puerto Rico’s Ivan Calderon is a soldier, he will surely earn a lot of medals and commendations. Yes, he can be a successful ’operator’ for any special ops team be it the Navy Seals, the Army Special Forces or the Delta Force for he has mastered the art of escape and evasion tactics that is one of the requirements to be a member of any elite military group.

On paper, Ivan Calderon’s record is quite impressive as he is undefeated in 34 fights and has reigned as a minimum weight champion early in his career and is now the WBO light flyweight champion who has successfully defended his crown numerous times that earned him another feather in his cap as the Ring Magazine’s light flyweight champion.

for the full article-

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...cebook%3A38314

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
    If Puerto Rico’s Ivan Calderon is a soldier, he will surely earn a lot of medals and commendations. Yes, he can be a successful ’operator’ for any special ops team be it the Navy Seals, the Army Special Forces or the Delta Force for he has mastered the art of escape and evasion tactics that is one of the requirements to be a member of any elite military group.

On paper, Ivan Calderon’s record is quite impressive as he is undefeated in 34 fights and has reigned as a minimum weight champion early in his career and is now the WBO light flyweight champion who has successfully defended his crown numerous times that earned him another feather in his cap as the Ring Magazine’s light flyweight champion.

for the full article-

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...cebook%3A38314
    LOL. That is just plain hate right there. Didn't read the entire article, but as long as he can escape and evade while sniping the enemy from a distance it is all good.

Comment

Certainly can't be called terrible - the worst moniker which could perhaps be bestowed upon him is "boring". His style reminds me somewhat of Willie Pep, tons of movement and very technical. His curse is that he's so small and lacks pop, really too small to even fight above strawweight very effectively, somewhat similar to Ricardo Lopez in that regard.

Comment

so brilliant he's brilliant at appearing terrible in utter brilliance?

Comment

if this question came up, it came up for a reason. Do the math!

Comment

Terribly boring.

Comment

I watched the fight tonight and I find Calderon much more skilled/entertaining than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
                Terribly boring.
                When you watch Calderon you can't expect it to be a bloody fight. Just watch the way he outpoints his opponent, and his overall mastery of the sport.

Edit: Well it could be bloody with the cut above his eye opening all the time. So yeah there is blood shed!!!! LOL
                Last edited by D-Omonist; 06-13-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I almost had a heart attack watching his fight.....He's soo damn entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
                    I almost had a heart attack watching his fight.....He's soo damn entertaining.
                    I can't believe there are so many people on this site that enjoy masterful fighters like I do...

Comment

Working...
                    X