Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys have no respect for Andre Berto.. grow up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets just accept the fact that there will always be dumb people that doesnt analyze the situation first before commenting here on boxing scene.

Comment

the berto mosley fight is off eh? I'm away for one day and look what happens.

Still its understandable. I wouldn't want to think about training after suffering so much loss

I guess the idiots that don't understand that are heartless and bulletproof *roll eyes*

Comment

I really can't imagine how berto's handling all this stuff, he lost 8 family members so far that must be hard. I'm sure he really is messed up emotionally right now and honestly withdrew as a result.

With that said, just find it a bit of a coincidence that just hours after berto announces that Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy is saying Floyd vs Mosley is close to happening on may 1st.

There could be a little bit of a conspiracy to it.

1). Floyd wants to outsell Manny's PPV numbers. He cannot outsell him against Cintron, Bradley, etc.
        2). Yesterday Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy said Floyd will announce a BIG NAME opponent in the next 48 hours.
        3). The following day berto withdrawals and now floyd has a big name opponent suddenly availible.

I mean, you're probably right, berto's mind might not be right, but on the other hand, if Golden Boy offered berto a couple million dollars to step aside, giving the circumstances, I can see berto easily accepting.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          I really can't imagine how berto's handling all this stuff, he lost 8 family members so far that must be hard. I'm sure he really is messed up emotionally right now and honestly withdrew as a result.

With that said, just find it a bit of a coincidence that just hours after berto announces that Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy is saying Floyd vs Mosley is close to happening on may 1st.

There could be a little bit of a conspiracy to it.

1). Floyd wants to outsell Manny's PPV numbers. He cannot outsell him against Cintron, Bradley, etc.
          2). Yesterday Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy said Floyd will announce a BIG NAME opponent in the next 48 hours.
          3). The following day berto withdrawals and now floyd has a big name opponent suddenly availible.

I mean, you're probably right, berto's mind might not be right, but on the other hand, if Golden Boy offered berto a couple million dollars to step aside, giving the circumstances, I can see berto easily accepting.
          Well that depends if Berto confessed in confidence ahead of time that he didn't want to fight, and then they planned announcements around that..

or, your scenario..

Or maybe a mixture of both, no one knows but a few people

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            No way in heaven or hell he was given 2 million bucks to step aside. He probably wasn't even gonna make that much for the fight.

If they paid him to step aside (which i doubt) i'd be surprised at a number over 200K

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              No way in heaven or hell he was given 2 million bucks to step aside. He probably wasn't even gonna make that much for the fight.

If they paid him to step aside (which i doubt) i'd be surprised at a number over 200K
              well whatever, I was just throwing out a number.

200k, 500k, etc.

The point was I could see that scenario happening and I wouldn't blame berto either if that did happen.

Listen, guys get paid off all the time in boxing. It's part of the sport. Some happen in the public, some behind doors. It happens.

I'm not saying it did happen in this case, just saying it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

nah Berto gets paid a fair bit..

Their were some insiders talking about it, how Berto gets paid way too much by HBO

Comment

Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
                  The man just lost two of his family members and all you punks can talk about
                  is how he is ducking mosley? wow seriously grow up, have some respect
                  so what if margarito fought when his brother got murdered? do u know if he even cared about his brother? if they were even on good terms?
                  besides everyone is different when it comes to dealing with death
                  I agree with you. The ignorant comments about Berto demonstrates the lack of maturity of a lot of people on this site, especially in the wake of the tragedy in Haiti. That is one of the reasons why I rarely read or post on this site anymore. Arguing with children is a waste of time.

Comment

People handle the loss of a loved one in many different ways...Some find solace in the ring, while others cannot muster the focus required to train.

So rather than suggesting what you might have done, why not simply respect the decision of Berto.

Berto,...you have many years left in the game...my thoughts go out to you and your fam, take your time, regroup and come back more focused and stronger than ever.

Peace MO!

Comment

People handle the death of a loved one differently...Personally, If 8 of my family members die, I'd stay in my home for weeks(possibly a whole month)...I just don't see how he can train and fight properly after what happened...

Comment

Working...
                      X