No announcement yet.

I am sIck of people saying boxing does not work in a street fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
    Like I told ya, Mayweather the best of this era would get his ass beat by Maidana in a streetfight.

Just cause we box and train for decades and **** doesnt mean we bulletproof like dude above us posted. It helps but it doesnt gurantee you a win it helps you cause believe it or not alot of people in the street still knuckle up and try to box more then they try that takedown pound game on you etc.
    Why would Floyd get beat in a streetfight vs Maidana?

Comment

• Originally posted by C-SHO View Post
      It dont work to good , maybe if your a good boxer you can pull it of but I see fights being takin to the ground most the time. Where in close fighting and grappling is key. In theory what your saying makes sense but I wouldn't suggest to the average person to try and box in street fights.
      This is somewhat of a myth in my opinion. In all the fights I've had only once did I end up on the floor and that was after being suckered punched by a bouncer and his mates...
      That said I think being able to control a guy who gets too close by using Muay Thai style clinch work and good balance with it is really useful for avoiding ended up on the floor.
      However Muay Thai alone I wouldn't recommend because those guys really are not so great with hands/defence or balance.
      Boxing plus Muay Thai clinch work and you'll be set for pretty much all fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        It does when you're one on one in an open space. In the club it's different. Specially when you have Pepe, Juan, and Jose with their crew trying to fight you. Your version would be Keyshawn, Dwayne, Tyrone, and Jamal.

Comment

Working...
        X