No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe gets no love on NSB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe gets no love on NSB

The guy is a legend and no matter what your feeling are toward him he proved that in the ring he was a great fighter. The greatest? Not by a long shot but certainly the best 168lbser ever. Why he never gets credit I can only attribute to him being European. I might actually be the only American on nsb that supports him. But after he cemented his great legacy one things for sure he's not coming back at 40 years old just so a young fighter can get a huge name champion on his resume. In fact had he lost a fight I doubt anyone would ever ask for him to come back. Fighters that retire undefeated at the elite level are very rare, on a pedestal almost and people just love to watch them fall.

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    The guy is a legend and no matter what your feeling are toward him he proved that in the ring he was a great fighter. The greatest? Not by a long shot but certainly the best 168lbser ever. Why he never gets credit I can only attribute to him being European. I might actually be the only American on nsb that supports him. But after he cemented his great legacy one things for sure he's not coming back at 40 years old just so a young fighter can get a huge name champion on his resume. In fact had he lost a fight I doubt anyone would ever ask for him to come back. Fighters that retire undefeated at the elite level are very rare, on a pedestal almost and people just love to watch them fall.
    Thats because many don't know boxing, even here

Comment

ward's clearly surpassed him at 168. how can you be the greatest when you have the same accomplishments as sven ottke?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        ward's clearly surpassed him at 168. how can you be the greatest when you have the same accomplishments as sven ottke?
        I'm sorry I don't remember ottke ever winning every major belt in the entire division and beating all top fighters before he left.

When did ottke do that?

Remind me again.

Comment

I'm sorry I don't remember ottke ever winning every major belt in the entire division and beating all top fighters before he left.

When did ottke do that?

Remind me again.
          I do remember Ottke having the balls to fight Glen Johnson whereas Calzaghe pulled out three separate times. Whos ness?!

Comment

When did ottke do that?

Remind me again.
            how could he win every belt when calzaghe wouldn't fight him? ottke unified 2 belts and beat top guys like brewer, mitchell, and mundine. the only major guy he didn't fight during his career was calzaghe because calzaghe didn't want to fight the unified champ and number 1 in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              I do remember Ottke having the balls to fight Glen Johnson whereas Calzaghe pulled out three separate times. Whos ness?!
              It must've been all Joe's fault. If glen hadn't nickel and dimed Joe and his team that fight would've been made. Plus I suppose Joe suffering an injury was clearly ducking also. By your standards Floyd must be the only reason the manny fight never happened.

Comment

For what its worth, I have him ranked ahead of FMJ on my all time list

Comment

He's the greatest ever

Happy b***h?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    how could he win every belt when calzaghe wouldn't fight him? ottke unified 2 belts and beat top guys like brewer, mitchell, and mundine. the only major guy he didn't fight during his career was calzaghe because calzaghe didn't want to fight the unified champ and number 1 in the division.
                    Ah the same Mitchell and Brewer that Joe fought. Yep he obviously needed the amesome Mundine on his resume to be elite.I suppose the belt Lucas had belonged to Joe also. Your bias is showing.

Comment

Working...
                    X