Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why was Marvin Hagler never told to move up in weight to challenge himself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
    If he moved up and dominated at 160 these same noobs would be saying he needs to go to 168. Bunch of clowns really.
    EXACTLY!!!

They wouldn't stop until they got to cruiser and Heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam_ View Post
      WilikinsOlajuwon is one of the haters i'm talking about lol
      i havent said one thing negative about floyd. if you cant have a decent discussion then kick rocks, buddy

Comment

i don't see why people wanting floyd to move up are called haters. guys his size have nothing for him and they never have. they're not a challenge.

he doesn't need to move up if he doesn't want to, but he's so good that only guys much bigger then him have shot.

Comment

Because internet forums did not exist then

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
            What this guy said

the hagler example doesnt get floyd off the hook. why wouldn;t you want to see the best of this era challenge himself? i just dont get it.

duran, srl, hearns all moved up as did many others, floyd can too
            I agree with your post.

The problem I have is that posters arbitarily decide who the best in another class is based on if they have power. They don't want floyd to move up for the reasons you posted, they want him to move up and face a one punch KO power guy because they think they have the best chance to land a lucky punch and win. they think in terms of floyd winning and losing, not challenging the best.

The sergio ggg debate perfctly illustrates this. Sergio has beaten better fighters, has KO power, and is the lineal champ. he is the best MW in the world without question. He is a top 3-5 p4p fighter. Yet posters on NSB say no to that fight but yes to GGG.

All of us want floyd to go up and challenge himself against the best. Floyd fans are asking why other posters limit their opinion's of best to just power guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam_ View Post
              How is the "other" fighter even challenging himself if he's facing someone 30+ pounds lighter than him!!!!

PARADOX lmao
              why dont you ask duran, SRR etc.

i dont get why people think fighting bigger men is a new thing and shouldn't be done just because its floyd.

Comment

Floyd entered the ring at 150. He's finished moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                  I agree with your post.

The problem I have is that posters arbitarily decide who the best in another class is based on if they have power. They don't want floyd to move up for the reasons you posted, they want him to move up and face a one punch KO power guy because they think they have the best chance to land a lucky punch and win. they think in terms of floyd winning and losing, not challenging the best.

The sergio ggg debate perfctly illustrates this. Sergio has beaten better fighters, has KO power, and is the lineal champ. he is the best MW in the world without question. He is a top 3-5 p4p fighter. Yet posters on NSB say no to that fight but yes to GGG.

All of us want floyd to go up and challenge himself against the best. Floyd fans are asking why other posters limit their opinion's of best to just power guys.
                  I've always said Sergio--for years now.

But I do not agree that "all" of us want floyd to go up and challenge himself. I think just as foolishly as uneducated haters call for him to fight Ward, foolish defenders act like small men never fight big men.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                    why dont you ask duran, SRR etc.

i dont get why people think fighting bigger men is a new thing and shouldn't be done just because its floyd.
                    Re-read that post I said the "other" fighter

As in the fighter who would be outweighing the other by 30+ pounds

Comment

I HATE Floyd. I want him to lose so badly my gut hurts. But moving up to fight Ward or GGG is ridiculous and something only a biased hater would want to see Floyd do. Give credit where its due. The guy is an azzhole, but he's an undeniably great fighter who has already come far enough up in weight and beaten good competition.

Oh, and Hagler was criticized when called out by Micheal Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X