Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Lee was the worst thing that could happen to Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Lee was the worst thing that could happen to Chavez Jr.

Andy lee has a:

- Big enough name to command attention and credibility.

- Strong enough chin that he was able to allow Chavez Jr to show off his full arsenal over several rounds.

- Big heart/pride that would cause him to fight bravely until the very end.(allowing for an eventful stoppage instead of the lesser fighter defensively fighting scared)

- Good enough punch that would gain Chavez Jr credit to his chin.(despite not consistently landing clean)

- Mediocre endurance and mobility allowing Chavez Jr. to look comparatively and relatively fast.

The perfect matchup for the superior fighter to look better than he actually is.
    Chavez Jr. has improved leaps and bounds over the fighter boxing circles scoffed at only a year or two ago. However nothing he or Martinez has done in recent fights changes the fact that Martinez is a P4P fighter and Chavez Jr is just a good champion.

Stopping Lee is what created the illusion that Chavez Jr is capable of beating, for some even knocking out Sergio Martinez. The reality is Martinez is going to school and seriously hurt Chavez Jr. And no, constantly displaying Chavez Sr. at press conferences will do nothing to help his son in the ring. Much has been done to prop up Chavez Jr.'s aura and image. Unfortunately for him, it won't be enough because he is massively outclassed by Martinez. Expect to see Martinez timing Chavez perfectly after a round or two and for Chavez to look confused and plodding. It's two of the best fighters in the division, so credit to them for cutting the bull**** and making the fight happen. Good luck to both men!

Not really, I've already known that Chavez Jr could outbox Martinez before the Lee fight.

Just watch.

Comment

It is also the fight that cemented the idea that Chavez is a cheater with the refusing of the drug test and weighing gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        Not really, I've already known that Chavez Jr could outbox Martinez before the Lee fight.

Just watch.

You're not serious are you? Surely...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          You're not serious are you? Surely...
          Would you like to place a bet? Every single one of your points against every single one of my points that Chavez Jr will beat Martinez.

He will break him down systematically. He will break him down mentally, and he will stop Martinez.

Comment

Just watch.
            I wouldn't define walking forward and swinging for the fences outboxing... but each his own

Comment

Would you like to place a bet? Every single one of your points against every single one of my points that Chavez Jr will beat Martinez.

He will break him down systematically. He will break him down mentally, and he will stop Martinez.

I'm not feeling 30/1 odds or whatever but I will offer you your 10bil to my 20bil that Sergio knocks his ass out.
              KO/TKO, Chavez Jr won't hear the final bell.

Comment

I'm not feeling 30/1 odds or whatever but I will offer you your 10bil to my 20bil that Sergio knocks his ass out.
                C'mon man, I didn't even bother to look at your points when I made the bet, I thought you had less than me. Shows that I don't care about odds, put em all on the line or nothing... Surely Martinez will win, right?

Comment

Reminds me when somebody tried to bet 27k to my billion +....

Comment

C'mon man, I didn't even bother to look at your points when I made the bet, I thought you had less than me. Shows that I don't care about odds, put em all on the line or nothing... Surely Martinez will win, right?

If you don't care about odds give me 30/1 then if you're really confident in Chavez Jr.

Your 18bil to my 600mil.

Comment

Working...
                    X