No announcement yet.

Khan needed Ariza in his corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan needed Ariza in his corner

He lost what Ariza had to offer and booooooooom ko'd. Should he give Ariza a call?

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
    He lost what Ariza had to offer and booooooooom ko'd. Should he give Ariza a call?
    Not necessarily. I think his new, pseudo-science loving coach is full of **** but I don't think that's what caused him to lose. He should've poured water on him in the corner, which was a rookie mistake, but Khan got in there with a big puncher and tried to brawl. Khan's chin hasn't changed much since Prescott.

Comment

Everytime Khan's been hit on the chin flush by a decent puncher, he's gone in to break dancing mode.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Not necessarily. I think his new, pseudo-science loving coach is full of **** but I don't think that's what caused him to lose. He should've poured water on him in the corner, which was a rookie mistake, but Khan got in there with a big puncher and tried to brawl. Khan's chin hasn't changed much since Prescott.
        Khan's corner didn't even think to pour cold water on him, which is literally the first thing you do when your fighter has wobbly legs. Fire your conditioning coach and move to a new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
          Khan's corner didn't even think to pour cold water on him, which is literally the first thing you do when your fighter has wobbly legs. Fire your conditioning coach and move to a new trainer.
          That's what I said. I'm just saying I don't think he would have won had Ariza been there. The main problem is his glass chin, not water in the corner. The fight could have been stopped after the first KD. He was fucked.

Comment

Khan lost because he got caught out with his weak defense...

Most times he gets away with his weak defense, but yesterday wasnt his night

What Khan needs is a new trainer, and not a guy who's fighters have no defense

Comment

Perhaps Ariza is needed, but it's more, build the damn legs. Khan toned at the top is a thin legged man, aint helped him in the past where he was built. However it was tactics, don't ****ing commit every 2 secs.

Comment

Conditioning trainers have no reason to be in the corner. Cornermen do more than just ice fighters and take care of cuts. They also must provide boxing advice for the fighter. It's better to have 3 pairs of expert boxing eyes watching the fight, looking for strategic mistakes or opportunities, than to have a glorified PE coach and your best friend/family member in your corner.

Comment

didnt Khan's new trainer incorporate sprinting into their strength and conditioning regimen?

i saw Khan trying to sprint last night

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    didnt Khan's new trainer incorporate sprinting into their strength and conditioning regimen?

i saw Khan trying to sprint last night
                    i think the dude was a athletics trainer previously

Comment

Working...
                    X