• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skill = Whitaker
    Talent = RJ

Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
      i think prime for prime, if they were the same weight and they fought, do you think jones could really get pass pernell's defence?
      Could whitaker have provided enough offense to beat jones. Whitaker better technically, jones was unbeatable in his prime. I say jones, with no disrespect to whitaker.

Comment

Whitaker was obviously more skilled, Jones was just more athletic, the most athletic fighter ever even.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Roy Jones has a better resume
          Roy Jones is more talented
          Roy Jones is more skilled
          Roy Jones has the better overall legacy
          That's the only one you got right, everything else is laughable.

Comment

Well idk about that, but head to head, prime for prime, P4P I would have Roy winning a comfortable UD. Sort of like he beat Hopkins and Toney.

Comment

Roy was quite clearly the more athletically superior. Whitaker's technical prowess however allowed him to stay competitive once his physical tools began to dim just a bit.

Whitaker had better skills, Roy had better ability.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                Could whitaker have provided enough offense to beat jones. Whitaker better technically, jones was unbeatable in his prime. I say jones, with no disrespect to whitaker.
                Agreed. Prime Jones ate up Southpaws for lunch.

Comment

Both equally great fighters with different skill sets. Roy's offence makes for the better highlight reels but Pernell will always appeal more to the purists. Pernell was my favourite fighter for the longest time and I'll always remember his fight with Greg Haugen when between rounds all Lou Duva could say was 'keep doing what you're doing' - the guy was as close to perfect as there ever could be.

Comment

In their Prime Jones was a more skilled fighter but he needs to retire now But Sweet pea was one of my favorite fighters growing up the guy had crazy skills in his own way though I watch Chavez vs Whitaker all the time he won that fight by the way in my eyes classic fight.

Comment

indefinitely.. but Roy Jones more athletic and hit far harder p4p.

Roy will be remembered as the greater fighter too.

Comment

Working...
                      X