Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacman puts on another dud, will it be a huge blow to boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacman puts on another dud, will it be a huge blow to boxing?

I mean Fight Camp was on CBS, lots more casual fans than usual tuned in to watch the fight.. A whopping 1.4 million saw boring embarrassing fight where Mosley ran like a coward. This was one of the worst PPVs ever. Clottey vs Pac was terrible in its own right too tho.. People say you cant blame Pac because Mosley ran. I beg to differ, how about not fighting a 40 year whos last 2 fights he looked horrific in??
    Now if JMM vs Pac is another dud, what happens?
    They could hurt boxing by letting Pac fight these washed up over the hill fighters.. When other fighters can be showcased like a Bradley or Ortiz or even Berto.. Disgusting

More people are starting to catch on to his choice of beatable opponents and subsequent post-fight karaoke concert victory celebrations. It's beginning to get lame.

Comment

As much as I hate Pacquiao's last three fights (because those three never deserved a fight with Pacquiao in the first place), it's not Pacquiao putting up a dull performance.

Pacquiao always comes to fight.

ODLH was done before the ring walk since he was weight-drained. He made occasional attempts to attack Pacquiao but Pacquiao pummeled him and forced him into shell mode.

Hatton gave a visible, though overly aggressive, effort. Either way, Pacquiao got a huge highlight reel KO.

Cotto was in the fight during the first four rounds mixing it up with Pacquiao despite the knockdowns. After round 7, it was obvious Pacquiao had the fight in the bag.

Clottey didn't come to fight. His effort was pitiful.

Margarito should've been stopped. Garcia and Cole are idiots. Either way, you HAVE to give Margarito credit for fighting on even with a increasingly damaged eye. He didn't deserve that fight, but he certainly tried to make the most of it and actually got his fair share of punches in despite losing every single round.

Mosley had minor success in the first few rounds exchanging body shots with Pacquiao. After the knockdown, Mosley was on full retreat mode.

Pacquiao ALWAYS comes to fight, it's just that sometimes his opponents don't. If you want to nitpick, Cotto and Margarito have the been the ones that have hit Pacquiao the most with power punches SINCE Juan Manuel Márquez in early 2008.

Comment

Mosley discrased hisself with that garbage. If u don't wanna fight don't step in the ring.

Jmm is a warrior and truley dislikes pac. There is no way in hell he grows a vagina live on tv the way shane did. Although I'm not a fan of this fight and never have been, ud have to be crazy to think it's gonna be boring or suck. It's gonna be all action while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          More people are starting to catch on to his choice of beatable opponents and subsequent post-fight karaoke concert victory celebrations. It's beginning to get lame.
          Agreed, the Clottey fight was straight garbage as well. I thought Manny was supposed to be "exciting".

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
            Mosley discrased hisself with that garbage. If u don't wanna fight don't step in the ring.

Jmm is a warrior and truley dislikes pac. There is no way in hell he grows a vagina live on tv the way shane did. Although I'm not a fan of this fight and never have been, ud have to be crazy to think it's gonna be boring or suck. It's gonna be all action while it lasts

QFT...whether it leads to his demise, pulling a Shane wont be one of JMM's gameplans

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post

That's what happens when you fight a shot opponent that can no longer pull the trigger. Manny is at fault for fighting a washed up Mosley as well.

Comment

and LOL @ Floyd fans critiquing other fighters about 'excitement'

Comment

floyds last 3 fight where more exciting than pacs last 3

Comment

the highest grossing ppv fight in the history of boxing was a dud but it didn't affect boxing's popularity...just saying.

Comment

Working...
                    X