Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malcom X Pic In Mosleys Office Says Alot.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    training day is one of those movies i have to watch when they put it on tv
    Yeah, love that movie and Denzel was great as usual. But he was just on another level in Malcolm X, ****e Lee said it was scary sometimes on set because he would go into trances and just go off unscripted with speeches and would be so in character he wouldn't even hear ****e calling 'cut'. He was robbed in favor of Pacino getting a lifetime achievement award basically and making up for his other losses, and then the same happened with Denzel and training day. All politics, but his Malcolm X is up there with Deniro's Jake LaMotta for best performances ever in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      Yeah, love that movie and Denzel was great as usual. But he was just on another level in Malcolm X, ****e Lee said it was scary sometimes on set because he would go into trances and just go off unscripted with speeches and would be so in character he wouldn't even hear ****e calling 'cut'. He was robbed in favor of Pacino getting a lifetime achievement award basically and making up for his other losses, and then the same happened with Denzel and training day. All politics, but his Malcolm X is up there with Deniro's Jake LaMotta for best performances ever in my book.
      definitely agree and am glad to see the layers prince lol

Comment

definitely agree and am glad to see the layers prince lol
        dang you two, now i have to look for those films to watch, tsk tsk gotta see them too, you picked the curiosity of this cat.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
          dang you two, now i have to look for those films to watch, tsk tsk gotta see them too, you picked the curiosity of this cat.
          both classics. american gangster was great to.

Comment

What about Denzel getting robbed for his tour de force, and fine boxing, in "The Hurricane"?!

It's clear with the Academy Awards, if the film or role, speaks to problems in the USA, few if any awards will be given out, IMO. (And I am a white American, but still can appreciate the magnitude of Malcom X, especially in his later years.)

What did you think of Denzel's boxing. I read that he trained for a full year before filming.

Comment

Denzel in Hurricane or Malcolm X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Denzel in Training Day

Comment

For a grown man to still have an image of a personal hero shows alot in my mind. The gf said that hes intense didnt think much of it til the office scene where hes talking about *******s heckling him on twitter (go figure) Anyways says to me he has ideas that he would die for, independence, strength, and no fear of death. Im officially Psyched for this fight.
                that tells you that MOST of Manny's fans is young boys...grown men don't heckle!!smh....the Pac fans need to chill out...they be going ham on the net

Comment

It's no secret I'm a Pacquiao fan, but Shane seems like a stand up guy. Made mistakes in his past, but who hasn't. I'm sure come May 7th, he'll leave it all in the ring, win or lose.

Plus, the autobiography of Malcolm X is one of my favorite books. Denzel Washington's portrayal of him is one of the best acting jobs ever and he was robbed of an Oscar IMO (they made it up to him with Training Day lol).
                  You gotta be suspicious of that book since Haley had an agenda against X, removed three chapters, and rewrit entire sections of it, its a good book just keep that in mind.

The film is actually excellent and pretty accurate, your absolutely right Denzel was amazing in it.

Comment

training day is one of those movies i have to watch when they put it on tv
                    you...lie...to...me
                    At first I was wondering why all the **** on Lee's first name, but now I know LOL

both classics. american gangster was great to.
                    Denzel is one of the best actors out there, I love that guy. I think he was a bit underrated for American Gangster.

Comment

i noticed the picture too... on the reverse side there is a picture of MLK...It shows me that shane loves his culture. he got that from his dad...they are good people..WAR MOSLEY

Comment

Working...
                      X