Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM vs. Rios @ 135 lbs, WHO R U PICKING?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nani Loc View Post
    Rios sparks him out.
    Please justify that. Because just leaving it out there sounds really really dumb.

Comment

Rios should fight the winner of Katsidis-Guerrero.

Could you imagine Katsidis-Rios?

Comment

marquez knocks him out even though i like rios

Comment

mismatch

Marquez completely dominates him

Comment

Marquez by KO/TKO

Comment

I would lean towards JMM winning. But, I don't know how confident I would be with that pick.

Especially at this stage of their careers, JMM is slowing down, he's at the down slide of he's career. He gets hit a lot more now, he's a small LW also.

And, people will make the same mistake with Rios that they made for Margarito during his time. Is that they don't see nothing special about the guy, no real KO power, just heavy hands, not great speed, leaky defense, gets hit too much. But, they don't take into account what makes these type of fighters special. They don't realize the IT factor they have. And, that is the intangibles, the pressure, the will to win.

And, will can beat skills. Dude is a fighter man, he proved it against Peterson, and he proved it once again tonight.

Rios like Margarito would look sloppy in the first half of the fight. But, is a 12 round fight. And, just like Margarito Rios gets strong after every round. Now Rios just like Margarito might not have the same success at a higher division. But, at LW Rios is going to be a tough out for anybody including JMM if Rios is not draining himself.

Comment

Rios obviously has a good chin but Marquez has a habit of knocking out guys who have never been knocked out before. Most recently and notably Joel Casamayor and Juan Diaz. Those 2 have never been stopped before Marquez stopped them.

I'd be very comfortable betting on the veteran JMM over Rios by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  I would lean towards JMM winning. But, I don't know how confident I would be with that pick.

Especially at this stage of their careers, JMM is slowing down, he's at the down slide of he's career. He gets hit a lot more now, he's a small LW also.

And, people will make the same mistake with Rios that they made for Margarito during his time. Is that they don't see nothing special about the guy, no real KO power, just heavy hands, not great speed, leaky defense, gets hit too much. But, they don't take into account what makes these type of fighters special. They don't realize the IT factor they have. And, that is the intangibles, the pressure, the will to win.

And, will can beat skills. Dude is a fighter man, he proved it against Peterson, and he proved it once again tonight.

Rios like Margarito would look sloppy in the first half of the fight. But, is a 12 round fight. And, just like Margarito Rios gets strong after every round. Now Rios just like Margarito might not have the same success at a higher division. But, at LW Rios is going to be a tough out for anybody including JMM if Rios is not draining himself.
                  age is the only factor.

Otherwise, JMM has just as much of the "it" factor and the will to win than Rios on top of being stronger than him in every other area.

Comment

it's possible jmm gets knocked down early in the fight. not sure if rios can finish jmm off.

jmm will outbox rios, but it's possible that jmm grows old overnight and gets stopped.

great fight imho.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

I agree with everything in this post

Comment

Working...
                      X