Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather in the era of SRL,Duran,Hearns,Hagler....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwheels9876 View Post
    I'm going back in the archives to find Mayweather senior saying he was on the roids in 1977 lol....

That A-side meth from Panama, you know, the shyt that the soldiers be taking

Comment

at 130?..or are we talking 160 hagler?..hagler more than likely beats him..way too big for Floyd, unless Floyd pulled a SRL and waited til he got way older..he may have a better chance..he wouldnt be undefeated, too much talent/styles in that era..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I think Mayweather in that era would've been cAlled an even bigger coward. Guys like Duran moved up in weight to fight Hagler where he almost won. Do you think Mayweather would've done the same? I mean, he needs catchweights to fight a bigger Canelo and ****.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Duran didn't almost win anything, he gave a really good effort but that's about it. As for whether or not Mayweather would have done the same, likely not and I don't see how that's a knock.

The better question is, since people are quick to say Mayweather would duck all of them, look how easily I'm about to check you ******s, who the f uck would Mayweather be if he didn't fight any of them? We wouldn't even know Floyd as those are the guys he would have needed to fight to actually get known
        It sounds like umad.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think if Floyd fought in that era he would fight more like he did in the Pretty Boy days as opposed to the last several years. One because the money back then wasn't as much as it is right now, especially for welterweights so his priority wouldn't be so much on PPV sales, but being the best. Also, right now he seems to fight more on cruise control as opposed to going out and trying to surgically breakdown his opponents. He'd have to have his killer instinct from the old days to be competitive with those guys. Higher punch output, more footwork, and his reflexes would need to be sharp as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioCart View Post
            Duran went from 135-160 and fought a PRIME hearns and almost beat him
            Almost beat Hearns. Hearns detonated a punch equal to an atom bomb on Duran. I'm suprised Duran's head doesn't face backwards to this day

Comment

Marvelous Marv was a Middleweight so that wouldn't happen ever. Floyd's hesitant of people in his own weight limit.

He probably fights 1-2 of them at the most, most likely moves below them and hopes Duran doesn't drop near him. Not to say he'd get destroyed by all four (or five if we count Wilfredo) but i can't envision him taking them all on in their primes.

Given that his best chance is against Benitez, he'd just move down and fight Mancini and fellas like that. Pryor is a 50/50 thing. Arguello/Mayweather wouldn't be in Alexis' prime.
              Last edited by GeneralZod; 01-14-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwheels9876 View Post
                Does he make it out undefeated? Does he duck guys?
                I think he could lose to all 4 personally. Definitely SRL...Duran would give him fits, Hagler was a beast and Hearns had freakish size and power for a welter....
                Please, Hagler would beat Floyd to a pulp, Leonard would dance circles around him and give him a taste of his own medicine, Duran would cut through him like a buzzsaw. Hearns would break his shoulder as he tried to block the attack.

Comment

floyd can beat them all but he might lose to srl too maybe a great trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Please, Hagler would beat Floyd to a pulp, Leonard would dance circles around him and give him a taste of his own medicine, Duran would cut through him like a buzzsaw. Hearns would break his shoulder as he tried to block the attack.
                    Thats just nostalgia. Floyd is an all time great and no one is beating him easy.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
                      Marvelous Marv was a Middleweight so that wouldn't happen ever. Floyd's hesitant of people in his own weight limit.

He probably fights 1-2 of them at the most, most likely moves below them and hopes Duran doesn't drop near him. Not to say he'd get destroyed by all four (or five if we count Wilfredo) but i can't envision him taking them all on in their primes.

Given that his best chance is against Benitez, he'd just move down and fight Mancini and fellas like that. Pryor is a 50/50 thing. Arguello/Mayweather wouldn't be in Alexis' prime.
                      your argument just kinda goes to **** once you realize that floyd fought a prime hatton canelo castillo corrales.

not every one in the past fought hof every week.

srl didnt fight hagler in his prime. **** happens

Comment

Working...
                      X