Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Floyd fought someone with good lateral movement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don`t you Pac-trolls realize that when you try to discredit Floyd you people wound up looking stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
      It seems like lately all he fights is come-forward fighters or older guys that don't move as good as they once did.
      I'd say it was his former "girl friend" for which he spent 3 months in prison.

It always surprises me when I hear that "former girl friends" produced 3-4 children for "former boy friends"...... Old fashioned I suppose....

Comment

Originally posted by Larryxxx View Post
        at ww he fought the wbc champ 2 times,the wba champ,the ring champ,the ibf champ beat the #1 #2 guys in the division..is the lineal champion....who has he ducked????
        Margarito, lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Margarito, lmfao!
          By Roberto Elmore: After Manny Pacquiao made easy work of Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, the howls of “Floyd ducked both of these fighters” reemerged. Many of these claims have been opinionated and have not yet seen proof of these allegations. I did write an article stating that Mayweather side stepping Margarito was a good move. And financially it was back then.

But upon my return to the article, I found facts that will support this article. Now, I know there will still be many who will contest these facts and continue with their barrage of name calling. But it’s not my job to control opinions; just give the facts and let the readers decide. But I want you to pay close attention to the quotes and who’s saying what.
          After Mayweather defeated Zab Judah, he was offered 8 million to fight Antonio Margarito on August 12th 2006. Leonard Ellerbe had this to say after the Judah fight.
          Floyd is not 100 percent healthy,” Ellerbe said. “He has a bruised right hand. His hand is not broken. It’s bruised, but it’s a bad bruise. He wants to go into any fight 100 percent healthy. If Antonio Margarito happens to be the best available option when he is healthy, so be it”.

“We are not turning down Margarito. I want to make that crystal clear. When and if he is the best available option for Floyd’s next fight, that’s the direction he will move in.” If you noticed, that was Ellerbe speaking. Not Floyd. Let’s move on.

Bob Arum, Mayweather’s promoter at the time said that Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.
          Last edited by The Ban Stick; 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

and didnt mosleys and jmm lateral movement trouble manny???

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              Thread starter + Thread= Humour.

Mosley frustrated Pacquiao with his movement.
              Marquez made Pacquiao look like a clown with his movement and timing.
              Marquez + Pacquiao = always a good fight, plus Marquez didn't fully understand how to make the weight at the time, against a guy who came in at 150+.

Mosley didn't frustrate Pacquiao because of boxing skill or technique, he literally ran....ran round the ring for 9 frickin rounds!! he wanted to quit at one stage.

Mayweather never had the same effect on Mosley and while May put a beating on Steroid Shane, his "power" isn't the same as Manny's.

Comment

And to answer the question, Cotto. People underestimate Cotto's lateral movement, especially in that fight. He almost had the same connect percentage as Floyd...how often do you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                  Marquez + Pacquiao = always a good fight, plus Marquez didn't fully understand how to make the weight at the time, against a guy who came in at 150+.

Mosley didn't frustrate Pacquiao because of boxing skill or technique, he literally ran....ran round the ring for 9 frickin rounds!! he wanted to quit at one stage.

Mayweather never had the same effect on Mosley and while May put a beating on Steroid Shane, his "power" isn't the same as Manny's.
                  Manny cant deal with Jmm's movement nor Shanes,plain and simple so how can you say when was the last time floyd faced someone with lateral movement when him and manny have faced the same damn people?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                    Exactly. Mosley didn't use lateral movement against Manny....he used track and field movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryxxx View Post
                      at ww he fought the wbc champ 2 times,the wba champ,the ring champ,the ibf champ beat the #1 #2 guys in the division..is the lineal champion....who has he ducked????
                      END THREAD!

I love how these idiots think the WW was so strong the second Floyd "retired"...

They over rate the **** out of the 3 Top Rank fighters to the fullest... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X