Difference between an ATG and HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    why 4 why not just make it 5?

But, OK that is fine but you do know all that top 3 or 4 or 5 is really opininated.

For example I am pretty sure you have Ali as an elitist. I would not argue he is an elitist the greatest HW of all time. And, as much as I love Ali I don't have Ali in my top 5.

SRR, Armstrong, Greb, B. Leonard, and Pep are in my top 5. I do have Ali ahead of Ross and Langford. But, I know people who have Ross and Langford ahead of Ali. And, you can't really argue that. Because, both Langford and Ross have a case to be ahead of Ali.

So I don't see how you can leave these 7 guys out cuz they're not 3 or 4.
    I get really angry when ALi isnt in the top three. Please don't tell me you've been brainwashed by that idiot Bert Sugar?

He has consistently used very laughable arguments to downgrade ALi. It's like he has completly sideswiped what happened in the "Rumble in the Jungle"

His zionist style revisionist propagana is ridiculous.

I will only Allow you to leave Ali out of top 5 if you are doing P4P rankings. Obviously ALi hasn't got multiple weight classes under his belt. But in terms of "greatest fighter" he has to be in top three.
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
      I get really angry when ALi isnt in the top three. Please don't tell me you've been brainwashed by that idiot Bert Sugar?

He has consistently used very laughable arguments to downgrade ALi. It's like he has completly sideswiped what happened in the "Rumble in the Jungle"
      lol no not getting brainwashed by Bert Sugar. Bert has Dempsey #9. How so? I don't know. Disagree with that very much.

However, SRR, Armstrong, Greb, Pep, B. Leonard, Langford, and Ross all have a case to be ranked ahead of Ali. You can ranked them anyway you want. I won't argue with you if you have Ali at #3. Because, it is all really opinionated. But, those 6 fighters do have a case. And, to be honest I might rank Ali ahead of Langford and Ross because I might be a little biased. Since I am a huge fan of Ali and love him as a fighter and what he stood for outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        lol no not getting brainwashed by Bert Sugar. Bert has Dempsey #9. How so? I don't know. Disagree with that very much.

However, SRR, Armstrong, Greb, Pep, B. Leonard, Langford, and Ross all have a case to be ranked ahead of Ali. You can ranked them anyway you want. I won't argue with you if you have Ali at #3. Because, it is all really opinionated. But, those 6 fighters do have a case. And, to be honest I might rank Ali ahead of Langford and Ross because I might be a little biased. Since I am a huge fan of Ali and love him as a fighter and what he stood for outside the ring.
        I've edited my previous post
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-14-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          I tend to think their is one.

All Time Greats I think of as Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, ect. As guys that have accomplished so much at the elite level that they are in a class of their own.

Hall of famers I tend to believe are guys like Gatti & Corrales. Guys that will be remembered in history but didn't really accomplish at a ATG level but still should be remembered. or guys that barely missed ATG achievement level. I'm not saying these are my opinions but the people most I hear mentioned in this category(De La Hoya, Barrera, ect.)

Obviously, an ATG definitely will be a hall of famer too. I'm just posting this because sometimes I hear people say guys like Diego Corrales & Arturo Gatti aren't Hall of fame fighters because they weren't elite fighters. But dammit I think their amazing fights get them in their. That;s just how I think of things and how I put people.

Thoughts?
          How many other HOF'ers you beat. When and how.

Comment

an ATG is a HOF shoe-in...a HOF is not a ATG shoe-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
              I tend to think their is one.

All Time Greats I think of as Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, ect. As guys that have accomplished so much at the elite level that they are in a class of their own.

Hall of famers I tend to believe are guys like Gatti & Corrales. Guys that will be remembered in history but didn't really accomplish at a ATG level but still should be remembered. or guys that barely missed ATG achievement level. I'm not saying these are my opinions but the people most I hear mentioned in this category(De La Hoya, Barrera, ect.)

Obviously, an ATG definitely will be a hall of famer too. I'm just posting this because sometimes I hear people say guys like Diego Corrales & Arturo Gatti aren't Hall of fame fighters because they weren't elite fighters. But dammit I think their amazing fights get them in their. That;s just how I think of things and how I put people.

Thoughts?
              Totally agree, except I think Barrera is soundly in the ATG category.

Comment

Working...
              X