Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Maidana really tougher than Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maidana really tougher than Paulie?

I read a lot of posts like "since Broner couldn't hurt Paulie he won't be able to hurt Maidana." But I've seen Cotto pummel Paulie and he took it like a champ. And nobodies ever put the KO to the guy. Obviously Maidana is bigger and stronger with the harder punch but does that really equal toughness? We've seen big punchers like Berto and others fold when their opponents prove to them they can take their power shots. Is Maidana any different from those guys?
    Last edited by jetgizo; 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM.

But it wasn't Broner who pummeled guys like Berto though. Hell I'm not convinced Broner could even do dat to Berto, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jetgizo View Post
      I read a lot of posts like "since Broner couldn't hurt Paulie he won't be able to hurt Maidana." But I've seen Cotto pummel Paulie and he took it like a champ. And nobodies ever put the KO to the guy. Obviously Maidana is bigger and stronger with the harder punch but does that really equal toughness? We've seen big punchers like Berto and others fold when their opponents prove to them they can take their power shots. Is Maidana any different from those guys?
      You know funny as it is,this is a fair question..I mean,Paulie has been in there with some monster punchers,and really never been KO'd..He's been stopped by the ref jumping in,but I can make an argument that he could have went on(it just was no point to going on he was so far behind on the cards)and would have if the ref did not hop in..Paulie is one tough sob..

Comment

paulies one of the toughest in the sport im pretty sure he fought half the cotto fight witha broken jaw

paulies chin, skills and toughness are better than maidana

only thing paulie needed to beat broner was a punch

now tht i think ab it if paulie had good power he would be on of the best

Comment

That's a good question. I really don't think he is.

Paulie's not only tough, but he has a slick style that minimizes damage.

You might think he's getting hurt, but he's rolling, using angles, and blocking shots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            That's a good question. I really don't think he is.

Paulie's not only tough, but he has a slick style that minimizes damage.

You might think he's getting hurt, but he's rolling, using angles, and blocking shots as well.
            Good point..

Comment

Originally posted by jetgizo View Post
              Marco's toughness should never be in question. He made Ortiz quit in front of a pro Mexican crowd, gave khan hell, and is not afraid to take punishment to dish out his own as most of his fights already shown.

No question, the dude is one tough S.O.B.

Comment

Paulie is one of the toughest fighters there is with no punching power. Both these guys are solid in toughness Maidana just hits harder.

Comment

Maidana got frustrated against Morales n Alexander, once he sees he cant hit Broner he probably will throw hes game plan away

Hes been boxing a little better with Robert Garcia, this will make it an interesting match

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    Marco's toughness should never be in question. He made Ortiz quit in front of a pro Mexican crowd, gave khan hell, and is not afraid to take punishment to dish out his own as most of his fights already shown.

No question, the dude is one tough S.O.B.
                    True he made Ortiz quit but Ortiz is a quitter. I never said Maidana can't take a beating. I just think the whole Broner can't stop Maidana because he couldn't stop Paulie argument is flawed.

Comment

Working...
                    X