Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Trainer Gives His Take on Gamboa vs. Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man i hope Emanual Stupid doesnt ruin gamboa, i would feel comfortable with any trainer but him

Comment

Originally posted by 1chase View Post
      Adrien Broner would destroy both of these bums. I'm so tired of Rios getting any public attention. He sucks. Gamboa is a little better and would beat him easily but like I said, Adrien Briner is too much of a problem for either of these frauds.
      Broner would lose to Gamboa and Rios. Broner lost to Ponce De Leon, he got a gift decision homeboy. Besides Ponce he hasn't fought anybody. Rios would knock him out, he couldn't even handle Ponce's pressure. And Gamboa much more experienced then Broner and has fought some good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 1chase View Post
        Adrien Broner would destroy both of these bums. I'm so tired of Rios getting any public attention. He sucks. Gamboa is a little better and would beat him easily but like I said, Adrien Briner is too much of a problem for either of these frauds.
        Adrien is a young pro, a poor man's Floyd who was unimpressive versus Ponce De Leon. Rios "The Bum" is a huge featherweight who comes forward like the "Terminator." Gamboa "The Fraud"? Yuri is a blazingly fast, powerful punching, athletic dynamo with twenty-one wins, sixteen KOs, zero losses and an Olympic gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by sd southpaw View Post
          man i hope Emanual Stupid doesnt ruin gamboa, i would feel comfortable with any trainer but him
          Wow. Why do you feel that way?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't know if Salas is working with anyone else but Rigo at the moment. However, back in October, someone jumped on me because I made a statement about Ismael spending most of his training career in the Cuban amateur system. I wasn't able to confirm all the information the member posted, but here are some of the names he provided:

WBC 105 Katzuto Ioka
            WBA 108lb Pitchit Noi
            WBA 112lb San S Ploenchit
            IBF 112lb Pitchit Sitbanprachang
            WBA 112lb Yoktai Sit O
            WBA 118lb (2 time) Daorung Cho Siriwat
            WBC 147lm Selcuk Aydin
            WBA 175lb Danny Green

Another quote: "Salas was the 1996 WBA trainer of the year and has worked with past greats like Terry Norris and more."
            damn he's pretty established man, and i worked with terry norris here in san diego so i feel kinda bad i didnt know that haha

Comment

damn he's pretty established man, and i worked with terry norris here in san diego so i feel kinda bad i didnt know that haha
              lol We learn something new every day. I certainly did back in October. lol

BTW, in what capacity did you work with Terry?

Comment

Wow. Why do you feel that way?
                haha yeah that was kinda harsh but i feel he tries to make every fighter he trains into another hitman hearns, he does teach defense first which is good but he trains he's fighters to be to technical 1,2 1,2 move, with my boy gamboa that would hurt him i believe. let gamboa be gamboa and i dont think he will. haha i might be overreacting. how do you feel?

Comment

haha yeah that was kinda harsh but i feel he tries to make every fighter he trains into another hitman hearns, he does teach defense first which is good but he trains he's fighters to be to technical 1,2 1,2 move, with my boy gamboa that would hurt him i believe. let gamboa be gamboa and i dont think he will. haha i might be overreacting. how do you feel?
                  Nice explanation. It's been said that Steward is a good defensive trainer; you seem to agree. I won't pretend to know Emanuel's strengths and weaknesses that way; but if he tightens up Yuri's defense, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. I have to agree though, a guy like Gamboa is a force of nature. Too much tinkering might hurt him. But, somehow, I have a feeling Yuri can't be controlled that way. lol

Comment

lol We learn something new every day. I certainly did back in October. lol

BTW, in what capacity did you work with Terry?
                    in the mid 90"s we trained out of the b street gym downtown, he was older but worked with a few amatuers at the time, helping us get ready for tournys. he's a real down to earth dude, he's opening a new gym in la soon if not already

Comment

It takes a very special kind of moron of the dumbest order to call Gamboa and Rios Bums! And then to say Broner beats both of them is almost as stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X