No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir the classiest Heavyweight boxer ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
    I agree, he's a scumbag, among the worst.
    hmm,,and how do u define class? is jermaine taylor classy to you?

Comment

Marciano and Frazier

Comment

He's not a classy fighter in the least, he fights incredibly dirty and brazenly uses a myriad of illegal tactics to wear down and injure the opponents. The nice guy routine in press conferences is more of a psychological act, bringing the opponents passively into the slaughterhouse.

He seems to be kind of an arsehole and a diva outside of the ring as well. In his last fight, he barred Pulev from bringing his team to the press conference, refused to do random drug testing, instead electing to have a single scheduled drug test after the fight. His team even violated sanctioning body norms by cutting Pulev's purse %.
        The K2 are well known for short changing their opponents.

Comment

Jack Johnson gets my vote. Followed very closely by Gene Tunney.

Jack Johnson:

Gene Tunney:

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            hmm,,and how do u define class?
            It was 2nd degree sir.

Comment

Ok, if not Wladimir, how about the young Mike Tyson.. Before anyone gasps, I mean the Mike before all his out of ring fiascos in the late 80's.. When he was the only fighter I can remember who came to the ring without all the frills and robes, who barely offered a piece of out of ring boastfulness, simply letting the fists do the talking.

And then, after savagely destroying his opponent, went straight over to assist them to their feet and expressed his concerns for their well being.

That was about as classy as it gets!

Comment

Working...
              X