Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    hey guys!discussion on fighting harada.
    what makes him so great? discuss
    His excellent mix of ability and achievements.

He ticks all the boxes: top-notch ability, excellent resume and one of the finest weight-climbers in history.

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Great fighter. Very exciting. He was the Japanese version of Pacquiao. Super aggressive, wild, amazing stamina, hugely popular and would draw the whole country together to watch his fights.
    He was better schooled and had more dimensions to his game than Pacquiao in my opinion. One facet of Harada’s arsenal I think gets constantly overlooked is his jab. While I wouldn’t put it in the same category as top-notch traditional jabbers as Ohba, Kalambay and Winstone, it was nonetheless beautifully integrated into his style and an important part of his attack as a distance-cutter and distraction.

Has some amazing wins over Ebihara, Kingpetch, Jofre etc. of course.
    Don’t forget to include Rudkin, Medel, and Caraballo.

I would love to see the Ebihara bout.

Lost to the great Aussie boxer Lionel Rose in one of the greatest displays of pure boxing you’ll ever see.
    As you say, it's a masterclass.

It’s sad how forgotten Rose is today, such a lovely boxer.

Have you seen Rose-Castillo, Benny?

Then later to Johnny Famechon, another brilliant Aussie boxer with great defense and jab.
    Even if it has been years since I watched it, I still remember that I thought there is no way in hell Famechon won that fight. Harada should’ve been handed the crown.

Well done, Willie Pep!

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Would you consider Harada the first top level Japanese fighter? I can't think of anyone earlier.
    Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Not sure,, I can't really recall any before him that was really world reknown..

Greeh would probably know
    Originally posted by Bundana View Post
    How about Yoshio Shirai, Japan's 1st world champ - 10 years before Harada?
    Bundana is right on the money. Shirai was a bit unlucky to bump into a monster in Pascual Perez.

It would've been interesting if he had came along a decade or so later in the 1960’s, right into the mix with Kingpetch, Ebihara, Accavallo, Burruni, Torres, Chionoi, and McGowan.

Comment

By the way, is there anyone who still considers Harada to be the greatest Asian fighter of all-time?

Comment

theres so much boxing history to learn*_*...

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
          by the way, is there anyone who still considers harada to be the greatest asian fighter of all-time?
          bumpity bump!

Comment

Working...
          X