No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Hopes To Land Adrien Broner, and Knock Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beltran Hopes To Land Adrien Broner, and Knock Him Out

Super featherweight contender Miguel Beltran Jr. (26-1, 17KOs) is hoping to land a title fight with WBO champion Adrien Broner (23-0, 19KOs). Broner is scheduled to return on May 19th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, but he doesn't have an opponent set for the moment.

[Click Here To Read More]

This was another one I was hoping for as well. Beltran is pretty good, got a title shot against Salgado that ended in a NC.

This would be a pretty decent fight, especially considering he's fighting 2 more times this year as well. I hope this happens.

Comment

Broner is a really big 130 pounder. And although I firmly beleive he lost against DPDL, I attribute that more to jitters than anything else. I think if they were to fight again, Broner would beat him easily. I don't see Broner losing until he gets into the 135 and 140 pound division... Beltran Jr. is pretty solid; however, I don't think he has the physical strength or technique to deal with Broner. One person who I think could give Broner stylistic challenges would be Argenis Mendez.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
        Broner is a really big 130 pounder. And although I firmly beleive he lost against DPDL, I attribute that more to jitters than anything else. I think if they were to fight again, Broner would beat him easily. I don't see Broner losing until he gets into the 135 and 140 pound division... Beltran Jr. is pretty solid; however, I don't think he has the physical strength or technique to deal with Broner. One person who I think could give Broner stylistic challenges would be Argenis Mendez.

I hope they make this Broner-Beltran Jr fight for May 19th. It's far better than Sykes and Clay, 100% no doubt about it.

Beltran was in a title fight with Salgado last year, that ended in a NC. And he was suppose to fight Diego Magdaleno, not sure what happened with that??? Beltran would be a solid fight, followed by another solid fight Escobedo in the summer. I am hoping that late in the year, Broner fights Argenis Mendez or Juan Carlos Salgado. Uchiyama is a hopeless fight, he doesn't leave Japan and Broner isn't going to Japan, so that's not possible.

Comment

Beltran is right about the whole "fight a real Mexican thing" that's how we first really found out that Floyd was the truth when he was around Broner's age, Floyd fought a lot of Mexicans and gained a ton of experience from it, if Broner wants to really take himself to the next level an prove his worth he needs to do the same because we really dont know how good he actually is right now he didn't look good against the last Mexican he faced, Make this fight happen!!!

Comment

I would take Beltran vs. Broner as a far better/entertaining matchup then the discussed and proposed fight recently reported in Broner vs. Gary Sykes.

Comment

i like this over any opponent talked about yesterday, gonna be a good night of fights may 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin1 View Post
                i like this over any opponent talked about yesterday, gonna be a good night of fights may 19th.
                ^^^^This.

Far better than Sykes or Clay. Beltran is actually a legit/solid title defense, much like his Eloy Perez defense. Hope this happens.

Comment

Broner is the new "prince Hamed". Hes being praised as the future of boxing, the next great indestructable force. A hyped up phony badass, until he finally faces a real badass wholl teach him a lesson. Ponce deLeon already made him look mediocre.

Comment

i ont see anybody beating broner at 130, hes huge

Comment

Working...
                    X